31 ways to stay positive, be proactive and keep working on your business
In such uncertain times and with so many unknowns ahead, it's understandable that people might be fearful and reactive; even more so if you own a business or work for yourself.
It’s never been more important for you to lead and inspire your team. Right now, you can choose to retract, worry and panic, or you can choose to be proactive, optimistic, and fearless. You can choose to empower those around you with the leadership and stability your team needs from you. Take action, make a plan, and continue to grow your business.
31 Proactive Ways To Grow Your Salon
A lot of salon owners tell us they don’t have the time to work on their business, so I’ve put together a list of 31 tasks to focus on that will help you grow your business. Some of these will be suitable for the salon owner and some for your team members too.
- Complete staff reviews and appraisals via Zoom, Skype, or Facetime
- Complete staff training plans for the next 12 months
- Review your salon software reports to measure your business performance
- Craft a 12 month marketing plan to suit your business needs
- Review your business expenses and reduce expenses (if possible)
- Update your accounting software or update to digital (if you’re not already) to be ahead of the changes in April 2020
- Daily team meetings with your team via Zoom, Skype, or Facetime
- Host your team awards online to celebrate their hard work and keep up morale
- Suggest online creative education for team members (and supply them with block heads if possible)
- Perfect your photography skills and try out new lighting
- Create email and text message templates ready to send out for people to book their appointments once normality resumes
- Send out emails to your clients with useful content such as how-to videos
- Update your website with new images, copy and check all information is up to date with new team members and remove members who’ve left
- Read business, mindset or personal development content – Timely’s content hub, The Source, is a great place to start!
- Create a vision board
- Create a salon manual handbook with operational systems and processes
- Inject the “Profit Equation” into your business and make sure your pricing strategy is correct
- Review your finances and work out how much your salon needs to break even per 15 minute intervals
- Set budgets and benchmarks for your finances
- Make time for self care and meditation
- Write some new blogs and learn how to optimise them for SEO online
- Create video content and upload it to YouTube (so you can embed these into emails)
- Create social media posts for the next month and schedule them using a scheduling tool
- Take an online course
- Practise new cutting techniques on a mannequin or family member
- Take some new images of yourself for social media
- Practise hair up and styling work on a mannequin
- Practise new balayage techniques
- Make time for exercise, even if it’s a gentle 15 minute walk
- Have a clearout and spring clean – I always feel my mind is clear if my environment is clear
- Book a free 50 minute business consultation with my team if you want some help to review your business
During this FREE 50 minute business consultation my team will assess where you are right now with your business.
- Where you want to take your business and the goals you want to achieve
- Uncover any blocks holding you back and stopping you
- Create a plan and the next steps you need to take to reach the next level of your business and how we can work with you to help you achieve those goals
To book visit https://siss.jessicacrane.co.uk/schedule
Be sure to complete the short survey so we can prepare for your call.