March 2020 Changelog
Some super major releases coming this month - check them out!
Major Feature Release
- Pin switching is here! Beta release for some customers
- If you have multiple staff accessing Timely in your business, being able to switch between users efficiently is key. Timely's pin switching feature enables you and your staff to quickly switch between users, without the need for emails and passwords. The additional lockout feature also helps protect your client information when your front desk is unattended. More information here.
- Rewards - Timely's Loyalty and Rewards programme is now live to all customers!
- Rewards makes it easy for you to build strong and lasting relationships with your customers by rewarding them for their loyalty. Your customers will earn points based on their spend. When they’ve earned enough points, they will unlock the Rewards that you’ve set. They can use this reward to pay at their next visit to your business. You have control to set your Rewards formula to ensure your loyalty programme works for your business. More information here
- V2 of multi-staff online booking beta!
Clients now have two ways of selecting a staff preference: choose an overall preference for the appointment, or choose a preference for each selected service.
- Preference one : It means that when we check whether a slot is available we will try to have the selected staff member performing all the services. But if that means the slot wouldn’t be available we check if other staff members could perform some of the services while ensuring the selected staff member is still performing at least one of the services.
- Preference two : It means that we guarantee that the slots shown will match your staff selection exactly. In the situation where the services selected mean there is only one valid staff option for each service the staff selection step is skipped and you go to the date selection with the staff member defaulted to the only one who can perform each service
- Client login available for all customers
- Client Login is a way to confirm your client's identity online to give them access to extra features in Online Booking.
- Clients can now see their past and future appointments and now make easy re-bookings.
New Features & Enhancements
- My Details area now live in Client Login Beta - please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to join the beta
- Clients who login can now view and update their personal details helping you keep your records up to date and clean
- Accounting and invoicing add-ons section gets a facelift
- We've now tabulated the design of Xero, Quickbooks and MYOB integrations - making it easier to view and select your accounting option of choice
- New options for the Duplicate Customers Report
- You can now filter Duplicate Customers by their SMS number or their email address to quickly identify and merge duplicate accounts.
- Client contact details sync with Timely
- New forms will now have new contact details components that sync to Timely (if you are connected to Timely)
- Existing forms will continue to work. But when you edit an existing form, we will prompt you to upgrade the Contact details component to the new one.
- If you're not connected to Timely, we now promote Timely when you create a new form
- Reports when no access to customer details
We've made a change to Customer reports when a staff member does not have access to customer details. The following reports will hide customer contact details if the staff member doesn't have access:
- Appointment schedule
- Cancelled appointments
- Incomplete appointments
- No-show appointments
- Pencilled-in appointments
- Declined appointments
- Changes to the appointment modal
- Renaming Raise sale to Checkout, this is in both the appointment modal and the popover when you click on an appointment on the calendar.
- Design update to the modal, bringing in more of our branding and improving the layout and spacing
- Ability to mark a staff member as requested on a per service basis rather than on the appointment as a whole.
- Increasing the visibility of the warnings displayed in the modal
- Key online booking changes
- The booking summary is now dynamic so when you change your service or staff selection the summary updates automatically without the client needing to navigate to the next page.
- We will now show an indication in the service accordion when a collapsed category contains selected services.
- When multistaff is not enabled we will now show a warning if you choose a combination of services that can’t be performed by a single staff member.
- Covid-19 cancellation assistance
- We make it more obvious how they can get in touch with us if you need to cancel due to the impact of Covid-19
- We added Covid-19 as a cancellation reason
- We now serve a chat window - so you can discuss your options.
- Making it easier to sell Gift Vouchers
Our first cut to simplify the process for our businesses to sell Gift Vouchers, this change includes:
- Allowing the Gift Voucher sales page to default to a specific voucher if the right link is used.
- Making it easy for businesses to access their GV links by putting them front and centre on the Gift voucher setup page.
- Recommendations on the Gift Voucher page to do things like turn on custom amount gift vouchers, set decent expiry times, and setup a payment gateway (all dependent on the businesses current settings)
- Better expiry defaults (from 1 month to 1 year)
- UX improvements to Reminder messages
There were some confusion around how customers would go about turning off their SMS reminders as they shut down their salons for COVID-19
- Added an explanation that their messages will be retained when they re-add it later
- Fixed a bug where it doesn't re-instate the message unless you made a 1 character change to the message
- Added Reminder messages to Messages navigation, as some customers struggled to find it in Setup navigation.
- Fix messages sent out of SMSBroadcast (AU) uses the pool numbers
- SMS sent from SMS Broadcast (Australia only) isn't using the pool of numbers, and only using one. This fix solves the issue where customers are reporting that clients are receiving messages from different businesses via same SMS number, which is confusing.
- Fix the duplicated booking questions when validation fails
- This was a nasty little bug where, on the details step of online bookings, if the client didn't fill in all the required fields, when the page reloaded the booking question end up being shown twice.