July 2020 Changelog
Check out all the goodness that's been added to Timely during July.
Major Feature Release
- Storing Cards on TimelyPay in Beta
- TimelyPay now allows your clients to securely and easily save their card details when making an online payment. This feature is currently in Beta. Email us at [email protected] if you are interested to test this feature.
- Storing Cards on TimelyPay is now Live
- All TimelyPay customers can now allow their clients to securely and easily save their card details when making an online payment or when signed in to Client Login.
New Features & Enhancements
- Assign multiple resources to services
- It's now possible to set up services to require one of multiple resources when booking. When setting up a service, you can see all your resources and check all that the service can be done in/with. It's also possible to reorder these multiple resources into a preferential order for allocation when making bookings. Online bookings and calendar bookings will respect this order when booking in services that require one of multiple resources.
- Refunding customer credits
- It is now possible to refund customer credits, this can be done by from either the issuing invoice or from the customer credit shown in the client profile.
- Design upgrade for alerts
- What are alerts? These are all the variously coloured boxes sprinkled around Timely that display help, warning, error, and various other messages to our users. As part of our ongoing efforts to improve the design and consistency (and legibility) of the Timely UI we have given this component a sitewide upgrade.
- Rewards: Advanced settings
- You can now exclude selected services from collecting points.
- We've released a brand new Refer a friend page in the app
- We've updated the booking clash alert message
- Client product sales history
- It's now possible to view a client's product sales history on their client record. Check out the help guide.
- Cache Busting Improvements on Client Login
- We’ve decreased the refreshing of cache on Client Login from 5-7 minutes to 15 seconds, so that when a business makes some changes on their Online Bookings settings, these changes are reflected on Client Login quicker.
- Navigation Bar on Direct Client Login Links
- Previously, we are not showing the top navigation bar to clients who go to the Client Login direct links when a business has the Client Login setting disabled. We’ve added this back now, so that logged in clients know which business the direct links are associated to, and the experience feels more secure. As part of this enhancement, we are also now allowing logged in clients to view future/past appointments even when the business' Client Login settings are disabled.
- Date added to Stock levels report
- We've added the date the Stock levels report is run to the report. This is for year end reporting if you need to provide a dated stock on hand report to your accountant.
- Category support in the searchable service selector
- Our new searchable service selector, currently in beta, was upgraded today to add the ability to see and search on service categories as well as the services themselves
- Timely iOS app 2.9.13
- TimelyPay refunds can now be processed directly in the app
- We've also made under the hood updates to eliminate sporadic logout issues
- The customer sidebar is available on mobile devices
- All of the great features you love about the customer sidebar are now available on your mobile device.
- Edit a waitlist item
- If you make a pesky mistake when creating a waitlist item, you'll be able to go back and edit that mistake.
- Vanuatu currency has been added into Timely
- Requesting an online payment in Client Login
- We’ve now added the functionality to pay for an online payment link via Client Login, so that when a business requests for an online payment, the client is able to pay through Client Login. This means that when a client is logged in, they will have the option to save a card or use a saved card here too if the business is a TimelyPay customer.
- Client product sales history in the sidebar
- The two most recent product sales for a client were added to the calendar sidebar. Find out more about client product sales history.
- Rewards: ability to set points expiry policy
- You can now set an expiry policy to your Rewards program. When set, it will automatically expire points transactions if it has not been redeemed within the set expiry period. Points that have been expired will show on the customer's Rewards history. You also have the option to set this expiry policy retrospectively.
- All resources calendar view
- We have added a new view to the calendar! You can now view all your resources on one calendar in day view. Each resource will have it's own column.
- We fixed a bug around dragging appointments on the calendar to a different staff column.
- Pending TimelyPay Refunds
- Previously, when a business has a negative balance in their Stripe account and tries to issue a refund from the Timely app, we tell the user that the refund has failed even though it is just pending. We’ve fixed this now, so that if a refund is pending, it would still show as processed successfully from the app.
- We fixed a bug with the Google Maps API in online bookings that was causing slowness for businesses with a large number of locations
- We fixed a bug where customers were unable to upload multiple images on a consultation form
- We fixed a bug where some images weren't being saved to Consult
- We fixed a bug with online bookings where choosing a specific staff member was not showing the correct available slots
- We fixed a visual bug with adding resources to services where a semicolon was showing when it shouldn't
- Captcha on the Timely Login Page
- We’ve fixed a bug wherein the captcha on our Timely login page was not appearing after multiple failed login attempts. This is working now, and a captcha will be shown after 5 failed login attempts.
- We made some updates to the industry templates
- We fixed a bug where the drawing component in Consult didn't have a label
- We've fixed an issue with Rewards points being awarded again after it is removed when an invoice that is paid with store credit is deleted. It now reverses the points correctly, and we've also fixed the affected transactions.
- We fixed a bug where pin-only users were still able to see the reset password button on the Login details page
- We fixed a bug with classes where resources were not being saved when editing class settings
- We fixed a bug where duplicate appointments could be created by holding down the enter key during appointment creation
- We fixed a bug where an error could happen while adding payments to a refund
- We fixed a bug where occasionally the calendar in online bookings could have incorrect availability information
- We fixed a bug where subtle changes to customer details could sometimes create a duplicate client
- We fixed a bug that meant some pages showed 2 headers on a mobile device
- We fixed a bug around checking out sales with deposit credits when the sustainable salon fee was enabled for the business
- Stay signed in box not working on Client Login
- Previously, the new option for clients to stay signed in for 90 days on Client Login was not working. This is now resolved, so clients who tick this box will remain signed in on Client Login for 90 days.
- Client Login setting is unchecked upon edit
- There was bug that caused the Client Login setting to not stay checked if businesses make other edits to the page. This has now been fixed, so that Client Login remains checked even if the customer modified any other online booking settings.
- Remove 'Online Payments' under Sales Settings for AfterPay
- Previously, the Sales Settings page still says that we are working on bringing Online Payments for Afterpay. To help manage business’ expectations, this text has now been removed.
- Statement descriptor Suffix
- We deployed a small bug fix related to the statement descriptors on clients’ credit card statements when TimelyPay is used. This fix should add the business’ city address at the end of clients’ statement descriptors instead of our platform account’s address.
- Provider numbers sometimes not showing
- We fixed a bug where provider numbers were sometimes not showing up on invoices
- Consult iOS 2.3.4
- Fixed an issue where a few sync fields were incorrectly setting a default value when the component is not added to the form.
- TimelyPay Transaction Viewer Payout Dropdown Limit
- Previously, we were only showing 10 payouts on the TimelyPay transaction viewer. We’ve fixed this now, so that businesses using TimelyPay can view a maximum of 100 payouts on this transaction viewer.