Cash management, online bookings changes and heaps more!
We've made a few changes to how we do development here at Timely, which means we'll now post a weekly round up of enhancements and bug fixes.
For now, here’s a roundup of what we’ve been up to the past few weeks!
Cash management in Timely
Keeping your till balanced and reconciled is an important part of your day, but it doesn’t need to be a chore. We’ve released cash up on both our mobile and web app to ensure you have full visibility over your in-store incomings and outgoings, giving you peace of mind and confidence in your numbers.
Find out more by checking out this blog post.
New Features & Enhancements
- A small wording tweak was made to the Setup > SMS settings page. This was changed from 'Sms' to 'SMS'.
- We added more informative prompts for gift voucher look-ups in the iOS app if a voucher has expired or has no remaining balance.
- The sort order for all tabs on the Customers page was updated to be descending (newest to oldest).
- We added a checkbox for NZ customers to be able to enable the new Smartpay integration.
- A few tweaks were made to the 'Notifications' button on the main navigation in Timely. Previously the button was not showing the border around the button when it had been clicked.
- We removed the Timely Facebook button link at the end of the online booking process, and replaced it with a more discreet Timely tagline. This will display if your business does not have a Facebook page linked to Timely. If you do have a Facebook page linked under Settings, we will show both your business page, and the more discreet tag line.
- We added the ability to charge a Sustainable Waste fee for Sustainable Salons.
- A bug where if you moved a recurring appointment on the app for iOS was causing items in the series to be deleted has been fixed.
- An issue where creating or editing a follow-up customer message was not properly previewing email addresses included in the message template has been fixed.
- We fixed a bug where if the online booking setting that requires customers to enter an email and phone number when booking online was switched OFF, we were still requiring those fields when Pencilled-In was the default status for online bookings. Phew!
- A bug where businesses trialing Timely were still able to access Timely through the app for iOS, even when their trial had ended, has been fixed.
- An issue where if you created a new Location in your Timely account, an associated register was not automatically being created has been fixed.
- When selling a gift voucher on the iOS app, if a recipient email was added and the voucher paid for, the voucher would incorrectly appear as inactive. This has now been fixed.
- We fixed an issue related to cash up, where deleted invoices and cancelled appointments were erroneously showing up in the alert when processing a cash up.
- Some wording updates and clarifications were made to the Cash Up report.
- We fixed an issue with emailing the cash up report, where the PDF file was not attached to the email. Whoops!
- A display issue where viewing the payment screen on a mobile device was incorrectly wrapping the price has been fixed.
- We tidied up some minor issues with cashing up on the iOS app.
- A bug where the 'Book other services' link in online bookings was requiring two clicks to activate has been fixed.
- We fixed a bug where if a deposit payment was made when booking online, further payments were not able to be made on that sale through the iOS app.
- A Chrome issue where later versions of Chrome were not printing receipts has been fixed.