August 2020 Changelog
Here's what's new at Timely this month!
New Features & Enhancements
- Send a message to staff when their client arrives
- We added a nifty new tool that allows businesses to quickly send their staff an sms (or email) when a client has arrived. When you mark an appointment as arrived a new option will now show to let the staff member know, clicking on that will bring up the adhoc message screen with a helpful message already pre-populated and ready to send.
- Allow adding a deposit as part of adding an appointment
- Previously an appointment had to be saved and then edited to add a deposit to it. Now the Add deposit link shows during appointment creation, making it easier to add deposits to appointments.
- Showing customer credit balance on the calendar sidebar
- We now show a customer's credit balance on the sidebar
- TimelyPay Transaction History Page
- The TimelyPay Transaction History Page has replaced our old transaction viewer and allows businesses using TimelyPay to filter their transactions better and make reconciliation easier.
- SMS campaigns recipient report
- We've added a new report that shows the recipients of your SMS campaign. This can be found by clicking on the hyperlinked number of recipients on the Messages > SMS campaigns page.
- Send Consult forms via email
- We have now deployed the ability for customers to select whether to send a consultation via SMS or email
- Send Consult forms automatically with SMS appointment reminders
- Get time back by automating the sending of Consult forms instead of sending it manually. You can now choose a form to be sent out with the SMS appointment reminders. To do this, simply head to Customer messages and add/edit the SMS appointment reminder.
- Minimise resource switching for multiple service appointments
- This new setting will minimise the switching of rooms/resources during appointments made up of multiple services.
- Updated Afterpay logos in app
- Timely iOS app updated to version 2.9.14
- New deposits feature is now supported in this update
- Padding time will also be shown on the calendar if the setting is enabled
- We have also made some platform updates for Tyro payments
- TimelyPay Partial Refunds
- Businesses can now issue partial refunds for TimelyPay through the web app if the amount they want to refund is less than the TimelyPay payment made.
- TimelyPay Label on Invoices
- Businesses should now see 'TimelyPay' as the payment method when viewing an invoice if a payment was made via TimelyPay.
- A new look for the Products page!
- We've given the Setup > Products page a new look! It's sporting our new charcoal buttons, and a few other important changes.
- A new 'Adjust' button which can be used to make one-off stock level adjustments to products.
- A new menu on the right hand side of each product line, housing the 'Edit' and 'Delete' options for products.
- Some reorganisation of the Stock orders and Manage stock levels buttons at the top of the page.
- Warning for Unfinished Refunds
- To help reduce unpaid refund invoices from businesses, we have added an alert for users going through the refund process to select a payment refund method first before abandoning their workflow.
- A new version of the Consult iOS app (2.3.5) is available
- The Consult logo has been updated, and the app name is is now called 'Timely Consult - Custom forms' in the App Store.
- Users are now prompted to 'Sync form to business' when they save the form and have not enabled 'Share with business' in their form settings.
- Making sure deposits work with Paypal payment confirmations
- We fixed an issue where deposits were getting into a broken state showing as unpaid despite being linked to a fully paid invoice. This fix ensures that when a payment confirmation from PayPal comes in after the booking has already been expired that we restore the deposit to a valid state along with restoring the booking.
- Stop showing add customer screen when hitting enter on the sidebar search box
- A bug where if you hit enter when searching on the calendar sidebar meant that the add customer popup was showing has been fixed.
- Instagram bookings layout bug fix
- We fixed a bug that was impacting bookings made through Instagram where clients couldn't progress to the next step to make a booking.
- Respecting the 'Don't allow products to be sold when out of stock' setting on the iPad app
- This bug was allowing products to be sold on the iOS app when out of stock despite this setting being enabled.
- Fixed the positioning of invoice links on the appointment screen
- A small layout bug was fixed whereby the positioning of the invoice link was incorrect
- Updated date format on Stock levels report
- We've updated the date format on the Stock levels report to be consistent with the date format selected in your account under Setup > Business details. Previously it was showing in American date format for everyone.
- Bug fixed for switching registers on Chrome
- We fixed a bug where some users were having issues switching registers when using the Chrome browser
- Fixed some issues with the Edit prices permission
- We fixed some issues with the 'Can edit prices on the sale' permission where staff without this permission were able to edit prices.
- SMS campaigns filtering bug fixed
- We fixed a bug where filters were not being properly applied to SMS campaigns.
- Online booking layout bugs fixed
- Some clients on certain mobile devices were getting incorrect layouts when booking online.
- All resources calendar view not remembered when calendar refreshed
- We fixed a bug where the preference around the All resources calendar was not being remembered when the calendar was refreshed.
- Location access not applying on the roster
- We tidied up an issue where location access was not being properly applied when a staff member was viewing the roster
- Forms being emailed to clients are now showing in Sent messages
- An update to our partner terms has been made
- Fixed a bug where clients weren't able to fill in a form with multiple checkbox questions that had the same name