March 2019 Changelog
It's March! Here's the updates we've released this month.
New Features & Enhancements
- Email confirmations & Email reminders had a make-over: We’ve updated all our email messages to a new sleek, modern look, ensuring the experience your client receives matches the experience you deliver. Remember to add your logo, contact information and additional text that your clients may need to know e.g. where to park their car or any preparation they may need to do before their appointment.
- Product sales report and Service sales reports now viewable by appointment date: Following on from the changes we made to the Sales report earlier on in the month we have now rolled out the ability to recognise sales by either their invoice date or the appointment date to both the Service sales and Product sales reports. This should make life much easier for deposit taking businesses who need to recognise sales on the day of the appointment rather than the day the deposit was taken, especially handy for when you are calculating staff commisions!
- Custom Gift Voucher Scanner for IOS : We've got a brand new barcode scanner for you to use in our IOS app. When selling a custom voucher you can now scan a barcode rather than entering numbers manually. The barcode scanner can also be used when redeeming any voucher, speeding up your sale process and reducing the risk of errors.
- Custom Gift Vouchers : We're delighted to announce that it is now possible for you to add in your very own Gift Vouchers into Timely. So if you have a bunch of pre-purchased printed Gift Vouchers you can enter a pre-purchased Voucher code into Timely. Simply go to Setup > Gift Vouchers and enable 'Track your own gift voucher codes' And of course like always, if you'd rather not enter your very own Gift Vouchers, Timely can automatically create Gift Vouchers for you.
- Sales report viewable by appointment date: Previously the Sales report recognised everything based on the date the sale/invoice was raised. Now however, we have introduced a fancy new drop down for the Sales report where businesses can choose to run the report by appointment date. This means the service will be recognised on the day it was performed rather than on the day the deposit was taken. Our first step has been to add this to the Sales report, we will soon be rolling it out on the Service sales report and Product sales report
- Zapier API: We've added appointment data to Zapier. You can now pull through information about the date, time and location of the client's next appointment. Super handy! Zapier is in beta -let us know if you want to try it out.
- Reply to clients directly from our app for iPad/iPhone : Those of you using client SMS are going to love our new SMS reply feature. You can now reply to individual client SMS messages directly from the app, no messing around! Plus you can now see a full history of messages from their client profile so it's really easy to track what's been sent when.
- Fast user switching on Timely for iPad/iPhone : If you're sharing a front of house device it's now super simple to switch between users. Just tap the More tab, go to Settings and then tap Switch next to the name of the person logged in. Tap your name. and pop in your password. It will remember all your settings and let you focus on delighting your clients.
- Stay in control with Calendar improvements on iPad/iPhone : We made it easier for you to move through your calendar. You can now jump 6 or 12 months into the future to make it easier to skip to where you need to be.
- App icon spruce up: We've fixed up the icons in your calendar so it's easier to read on the go, and while we were at it we started giving the app a facelift by updating the colour of the tab bar. Keep an eye out for more beautification in coming releases!
- We fixed an issue with resources not respecting processing time for online availability
- Fixed the sort order for 'Expired' gift vouchers so it sorts correctly now
- We now display user names instead of user's email addresses in the cash-up area
- We cleaned up the IOS Calendar a bit and got rid of a few bugs that were occasionally making appointments difficult to read
- We fixed a bug that was causing some reports to be a little off whack. We found in certain rare instances that the stock id and service id were both being set on the Invoice item which caused some of the data to be affected.
- When viewing the history of a customer message, the link to see the messages sent for that particular rule was broken. This has now been fixed.
- We fixed up a bug where setting an expiry date for a customer credit or gift voucher would always add a day to what you selected.
- We had a bug that was preventing some of the stock supplier details from being able to be updated once you created a supplier. We've got things running smoothly again
- Appointment notes on our app for iPad/iPhone were being fetched in a way that meant sometimes notes were going missing. We sorted that out so that it will now show the most recent notes when you look at a client's profile. We also took the opportunity to sort a bit of code that meant recurring appointments would spam the notes section with duplicated notes. Now a recurring appointment will only create one note.
- We fixed up an issue where clients were able to move their bookings into a slot that was already taken, causing a clash.