Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
Timely has come a long way since its inception in 2011. We’ve grown to a community of over 46,000 beauty professionals across 90 countries that use our cloud-based business management software.
2020 was a pivotal year in the history of Timely. We faced the biggest challenge we had since starting the business; with 80 staff at the start of the pandemic and 12k customers who could all cancel their accounts.
But in the face of this big challenge, we made one of the most important decisions we have in our history: Our number one priority was no one on the Timely team would lose their job and instead of thinking about how hard it was going to be for us, we put all our energy into how hard it will be for our customers and helping them to survive.
And it was noticed by our community “What you’ve done for the beauty industry during this critical period highlights how good Timely is. We’re really appreciative.It’s not just a software company it’s a community. This will catapult Timely.” ~ Haylee Benton, UK
So it’s been a rollercoaster, and we’re just getting started with a purpose to grow beauty to a 1 trillion dollar industry and increase the wealth of all its participants.
If the prospect of joining a company with this purpose, culture and response to adversity gets you fizzing, read on.
What you’ll do
The core purpose of the UX researcher is to develop a deep understanding of our community and their needs and behaviours, helping shape a product that connects with our community and brings value in the context that they operate in. This role will help Timely achieve its goals by:
- Supporting the product designers and wider product team to understand our community in the context of their realities, needs and pain points
- Advocate for experiences that align to our purpose and community.
This is the first dedicated UX researcher role in Timely’s product team – so you’ll be setting the stage for how UX research is done at Timely! We need someone with a willingness to advocate not just for the community, but for bringing research practices into our product processes and the value it can bring to Timely.
This role will involve
- Work closely with product and marketing management teams to identify research topics
- Choose research technique/s suitable for each project such as customer interviews, field studies, usability testing, tree testing, card sorting, surveys, customer journey mapping etc
- Recruit participants (in-person and remote)
- Conduct research – you can quickly gain rapport with participants to get them comfortable sharing emotions and thoughts with you
- Translate research findings into actionable insights and opportunities
- Present recommendations to stakeholders and relevant decision makers
- Create foundational artifacts for product team members to consume – personas or customer journey maps for example
- Communicate insights to all teams at Timely to help us build a shared understanding and empathy
- Closely work with product designers and product teams to co-design and facilitate ideation sessions
- Advocate for iterative designs
- Help validate concepts and designs with appropriate usability testing
Set up UX research at Timely
- Set up best practice for UX research at Timely
- Provide research advice and guidance to product designers
- Support the product teams to set up good discovery processes in each project — validating designs, ensuring they are usable and meet their goals
- You have experience working as a UX researcher for SaaS products
- Self-motivated and pragmatic – you love working in a fast-paced environment and understand how to balance competing priorities
- You have experience organising and conducting user interviews, user tests and observations
- You have expertise in user research tools – tree testing, card sorting, surveys etc
- You are able to analyse qualitative and quantitative data and transform it into actionable insights and recommendations
- Excellent communication skills – you will be able to clearly present your insights from a remote work setting
- Work from home – but ideally you’ll live in or around Wellington, Dunedin or Auckland, since that’s where most of our team is based.
- We provide a kick-ass growth and development machine, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully funded professional development budget which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now!