Social Media Specialist
Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 customers in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world . Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is driven by the employee experience that our people have within Timely. Our people really are our secret sauce and we live and breath our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 80+ people spread across Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne and Greater London. We hire people who make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
People join us because they want to belong to a company that walks the walk and actually puts their people first.
No day is the same at Timely – we believe our customers are our sun and we seize every opportunity to deliver on our purpose of supporting them in their businesses. You will play a vital role in collaborating with all teams at Timely to grow our reach, brand awareness and product engagement globally through our social media channels.
We’re on the hunt for a creative and entrepreneurial thinker who can help deliver our social media strategy. You will have intimate knowledge and experience of channels including Facebook and Instagram and will have produced and delivered on both proactive and reactive content opportunities.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be a key part of the Marketing team, reporting to the Head of Marketing – and have a ferocious appetite for social media and producing content that delivers results. You’ll use your creative smarts to incubate and execute ideas that amplify our unique brand and wow our customers. Social media moves at a rapid pace and you’ll be right up to date with the latest approaches to amplifying messaging and growing community and engagement. You will work with a team of exceptional folk who’ll want to tap into your knowledge of the existing and emerging channels and audiences to deliver outstanding results.
You’ll work alongside our talented creative team, digital agency, campaign managers, analysts, product marketing, customer support and more to deliver on exciting and ambitious goals.
- Own, develop and deliver on the social media content and community strategy across all channels to meet our business objectives.
- Get creative with Social Media and pushing the boundaries with how we engage our audiences, drive referrals, leads, brand awareness and advocacy
- Work with Design, Product Marketing and Marketing and Timely’s digital agency to produce, manage and deliver social campaigns with a clear purpose, strategy and measurable outcomes using clever, creative solutions.
- Work with Timely’s digital agency to develop and test content and audiences that support our business outcomes and goals.
- Build connections with industry personalities in partnership with the Industry Team to create content that resonates with our target markets
- Constantly look for new opportunities and follow best practice to drive growth within social media channels.
- Provide social media support on all marketing campaigns that drive customer acquisition and community engagement.
- Build community dialogue and engagement on Timely’s social media platforms including Facebook page and community, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Direct and manage community engagement to the relevant internal business units including Sales, Success, Support and Product teams
- Manage Inbound Social Media activity across the business including training and monthly reporting to Head of Marketing and CMO.
- Plan and support the delivery of Timely’s social presence at all industry events
- Share updates and insights from social channels regularly within the #marketing Slack channel including comms around new campaigns going live
What success looks like:
- We grow our social media channels to consistently achieve monthly engagement, lead and content targets.
- Ensure Timely’s brand and social media platforms stand out from the pack with innovative and interesting content Timely’s community feels listened to, loved and supported
- Proactively seeking opportunities to grow Timely’s brand awareness through other social platforms and channels within our target markets
- Support wider business such as Product Marketing and Industry teams to achieve their business objectives.
- Ensure all Inbound social activity is managed within agreed SLAs as per Inbound Social Strategy.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience in campaign marketing and social media
- Experience writing flash copy at pace.
- Community and customer service experience on digital platforms – an advantage.
- Relationship management experience, an advantage.
- Experience with international markets, an advantage.
- Hustle – you are self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Plain English writing and editing for print and online.
- Building collaborative working relationships
- Managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Management of analytics tools.
- Responsiveness and a desire to build engaging dialogue and nurture relationships.
- This role is full time, permanent.
- We are looking for someone in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin where we have offices.
- We are looking for a self-starter who can enjoy working from home; but you will have the ability to flex and enjoy the #timelylife lifestyle of choosing whether to work from home or have access to office space when you feel like collaborating or need a change of scene.
- We’ll set you up with all the shiny new equipment you’ll need.
- Start date ASAP
- Applications close when we find Mr or Ms Right!