Social Media Strategist
Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland or Melbourne
Timely has come a long way since its inception in 2011. We’ve grown to a community of over 46,000 beauty professionals across 90 countries that use our cloud-based business management software.
2020 was a pivotal year in the history of Timely. We faced the biggest challenge we had since starting the business; with 80 staff at the start of the pandemic and 12k customers who could all cancel their accounts.
But in the face of this big challenge, we made one of the most important decisions we have in our history: Our number one priority was no one on the Timely team would lose their job and instead of thinking about how hard it was going to be for us, we put all our energy into how hard it will be for our customers and helping them to survive.
And it was noticed by our community “What you’ve done for the beauty industry during this critical period highlights how good Timely is. We’re really appreciative. It’s not just a software company it’s a community. This will catapult Timely.” ~ Haylee Benton, UK
So it’s been a rollercoaster, and we’re just getting started with a purpose to grow beauty to a 1 trillion dollar industry and increase the wealth of all its participants.
If the prospect of joining a company with this purpose, culture and response to adversity gets you fizzing, read on.
What you’ll do
We’re on the lookout for a Social Media Strategist who can deliver a kick arse strategy that seeks to expand and enrich our community, drive high engagements, interest and demand for Timely, creating more amazing advocates. You’ll be a natural at telling the Timely story through our social channels in a creative way that our community resonates with and you’ll do this by keeping our customer at the heart of all your do. This could be supporting Timely news, product releases marketing or community initiatives.
You’ll own performance management and reporting, working with our digital agency to improve efficiencies in paid social strategy and share regular updates on social performance with the business. You’ll make sure all staff supporting inbound socials are trained and understand the processes to follow.
You’re the ultimate Social Media all-rounder who has a passion for the hair and beauty industry and loves connecting with our industry partners and customers.
- 3-5 years experience in a Social Media Manager/Community Manager role – or similar – including experience creating and implementing social media strategies that have delivered commercial objectives and successful outcomes
- An excellent knowledge of all social media platforms for brand-building including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Agorapulse would be a bonus
- An excellent understanding of social media KPI’s and how to track and talk to these results and insights. You can confidently dive into the numbers to understand and communicate performance and performance drivers.
- Attitude is everything; you are an excellent communicator that loves to hustle and GSD with a positive outlook
- You thrive on being part of a team and working towards a common goal; with passion and determination you aren’t satisfied until you have achieved your mission
- You can organise, plan and deliver programs of work with multiple stakeholders and can feed into other projects with ease.
- You’re a natural influencer who is able to work independently through self-drive, but you know how to communicate and work with your wider team when required to achieve buy-in and results
- A passion and empathy for the beauty industry and the people within it would be a huge advantage
- Work from home, or the office, or both! It’s up to you.
- Base yourself from any of our Australia or New Zealand locations: Auckland, Wellington, Dunedin or Melbourne
- We’ll provide you with all the kit you need for a great home office
- We provide a wonderful wellness and professional development benefit for our staff with annual budgets to help you master your wellbeing and growth
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now!