Social Media Coordinator
Auckland, Wellington, or Dunedin
No day is the same at Timely – we believe our customers are our sun and we seize every opportunity to deliver on our purpose of supporting them in their businesses. You will play a vital role in collaborating with all teams at Timely to grow our reach, brand awareness and product engagement globally.
We’re on the hunt for a creative and entrepreneurial thinker who can help deliver our social media strategy. You will have intimate knowledge and experience of channels including Facebook and Instagram and will have produced and delivered on both proactive and reactive content opportunities.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be a key part of the Marketing team, reporting to the Head of Marketing – and have a ferocious appetite for social media. You’ll use your creative smarts to incubate and execute ideas that amplify our unique brand and wow our customers. Social media moves at a rapid pace and you’ll be right up to date with the latest approaches to amplifying messaging and growing community and engagement. You will work with a team of exceptional folk who’ll want to tap into your knowledge of the existing and emerging channels and audiences to deliver outstanding results.
You’ll work alongside our talented creative team, digital marketers, campaign managers, analysts, product marketing, customer support and more to deliver on exciting and ambitious goals.
- Own, develop and deliver on the social media strategy tailored to the value of each platform.
- Work with Creative and Marketing colleagues to design, manage and deliver social campaigns from start to finish with a clear purpose, strategy and measurable outcomes using clever, creative solutions.
- Develop content and opportunities that support our key themes, business outcomes and goals.
- Provide social media channel support on integrated marketing campaigns that drive customer acquisition and community engagement.
- Engage with industry influencers and ambassadors along with general inbound community dialogue.
- Create and craft exceptional copy and content across social channels to support campaigns and initiatives.
- Utilise our analytics and measurement tools to deliver comprehensive reports that can be shared with stakeholders, the board and third parties, as needed.
- Create guidelines for social media measurement and ensure all campaigns adhere to those guidelines for easy measurement (e.g. the use of UTM codes).
- Manage content schedules and notable events
What success looks like:
- Plan, structure and design content and campaigns for multiple channels that complies with our brand and best practice.
- Forming sound relationships with marketing teams, designers, product marketing, customer support, product and product education teams to ensure the best user journey is delivered.
- Big ideas that get us hot under the collar – with a dose of common sense and hugely significant value to our colourful and vocal community.
- Building content and tactics that get us noticed and talked about – generate consumption and traffic across multiple media forms.
- The maintenance of our well-nourished and active communities.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience in campaign marketing and social media
- Experience writing flash copy at pace.
- Community and customer service experience on digital platforms – an advantage.
- Relationship management experience, an advantage.
- Experience within journalism or a newsroom, an advantage.
- Experience with international markets, an advantage.
- Hustle – you are self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Plain English writing and editing for print and online.
- Building collaborative working relationships
- Managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Management of analytics tools.
- Responsiveness and a desire to build engaging dialogue and nurture relationships.
- This role is full time, permanent.
- This role will be remote, though based from one of our NZ hubs in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin.
- We’ll set you up with all the shiny new equipment you’ll need.
- You will work from home but will have access to office space when you need to collab or need a change of scene.
- Start date ASAP
- Applications close when we find Mr or Ms Right!