Senior Product Marketing Manager
Auckland, Wellington, Dunedin or Melbourne
Timely has come a long way since its inception in 2011. We’ve grown an online community of over 46,000 beauty professionals across 90 countries that use our cloud-based business management software to book over 30 million appointments a year.
Our customers are our sun, and our mission is to help the global hair & beauty industry become a 1 trillion dollar industry. We plan to do that by building a total salon management solution that enables our customers to thrive.
2020 was a big year for us as we faced the uncertainty of losing our 12k customer base at the start of the pandemic. But we’ve come out the other side better than ever by ensuring that no one on the Timely team would lose their job and focusing on helping our customers survive. You can hear a little more about 2020 journey from Paul Shingles, our COO, here.
We’ve got our sights on some huge goals over the next few years. How are we going to get there? He tangata, Our people.
So, what can you expect from us?
We lead with Inclusion and use our values to inform our decisions. Mary Haddock-Staniland joined us in December 2020 as our Chief People Inclusion Officer. The first role of this nature in the executive level of any New Zealand organisation, Mary’s goal is to progress the business case for workplace inclusion, ensuring people have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We bring our whole selves to work and celebrate the things that make us unique. We view work and life as complimentary, rather than competing priorities and #timelylife allows us to see the benefits of working from home and the flexibility it provides.
Our team of 100+ enjoy wellness and professional development benefits as well as a high spec home office set up. To us, people experience means creating the best possible environment for you to be your best self.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for someone who can come in and drive the strategy and positioning of our biggest initiatives in the coming years. You’ll be the glue that binds our product to the tactics we need to drive our awareness, acquisition, expansion and advocacy. You’re a storyteller who’s capable of developing strategies and driving the execution of those.
You’ll have previous experience taking a company from Timely’s stage to the next level. You’ll understand how to position products in new markets, you’ll be comfortable owning expansion revenue targets and launching new revenue lines, you’ll write product marketing and education strategy in your sleep and be able to drive the execution of those strategies. Of course, you’ll understand the beauty industry, including Timely’s customers, potential customers and other participants such as product companies, suppliers, industry coaches/educators better than anyone else. You’ll know our competitors, their strategies and exactly where we win.
In addition to the marketing team, you’ll work closely with the product team on roadmap planning and with the Optimisation, Sales, and Success teams to drive acquisition, adoption and advocacy. It’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to step back, when to push back and when to dive in.
This role can be based within commutable distance to any of our New Zealand or Australian offices: Auckland, Wellington, Dunedin or Melbourne.
Your remit includes:
- Develop product marketing and community education strategies that support Timely’s overall positioning
- Support initiatives to move into larger markets, drive adoption and expansion, help Timely shift upmarket and successfully bring new products and revenue lines to market
- Forecast expansion revenue targets and reporting on progress and insights
- Lead, nurture and grow a small team of product marketing and community education specialists
- Direct and support the team delivering against quarterly OKRs and project milestones
- Managing up to senior leadership on plans, progress
- Build influence and trust across the business through connection and rapport with product, design, tech, sales, success and marketing colleagues
- Thoughtfully communicate your strategies, plans and progress to get buy-in and support internally
- Take ownership of projects and new opportunities and ensure they are resourced and delivered to market
- Understand our customers and prospective customers, who they are, what their needs and pain points are and how they use our product
- Understanding the competitive landscape and how they are positioned
- Listen in on industry trends and changes that could improve or change our strategy
- Assist in establishing Timely as a unique and respected voice in the global beauty community in partnership with brand, marketing and community teams
- Help us extend the value of belonging to the Timely community to be more than ‘software’
- Everything you do will be done with a community lens, supporting the industry, connecting its participants and helping them grow is your number one focus.
- 5+ Years experience including product marketing experience in SaaS
- Experience leading a team
- You’ll have a community mindset and easily be able to empathise with our customers and their experiences of our product
- You’re comfortable around data and use it to surface problems and opportunities with ease
- You’ll be able to demonstrate experience launching products into new markets, moving upmarket and driving acquisition would all be beneficial
- You’ll be comfortable owning expansion revenue targets and launching new revenue lines
- This is a permanent, full time position.
- You’ll work from home and/or in our offices in Auckland, Wellington, Dunedin or Melbourne – as you see fit.
- We provide all the shiny new equipment you’ll need, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully-funded professional development plan which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Applications close when we find the right person
People join us because they want to belong to a company that walks the walk and actually puts their people first. Sound good to you? Don’t wait any longer…click ‘Apply’ and we can chat!