Inbound Sales Development Rep
As the initial port of call for anyone looking at Timely you’ll create that all-important first impression and kick start the sales process.
Our customers get a free trial for 14 days, and at any given moment there are thousands of users trying out our system. Before our customers are passed on to our fabulous Account Execs, we need to first get them excited about the potential of what Timely can do for their business.
Are you ready to take on the challenge?
As the first point of contact you’ll be available on phone, email and our website chat to talk to anyone enquiring about Timely. You’ll understand – and care about – what they’re trying to do, and will quickly and naturally build rapport with these busy business owners in the beauty and wellness space. If someone emails asking for a call you will absolutely delight them, because they’ll barely have their hands off the keyboard before their phone rings.
You’ll also manage our CRM, qualifying and assigning the right businesses to the right Account Executives to give them the best Timely experience possible.
You’ll be an integral part of our team – not just the sales crew, but the whole company. Our marketing team work hard to bring the right people to our website, and they’ll rely on you to pass the baton from there to our inside sales team. You’ll develop great insight into what our potential customers might be struggling with, and will become a fountain of knowledge for our product team. You’ll make sure the right people go on to use Timely, never jamming square pegs into round holes – and our support team will high five you for it.
We’re a distributed team across New Zealand, the UK and Australia.
In Melbourne we have a space we regularly work out of together, as well as from our homes. This is not for everybody. We hire people that don’t just make this work, but who make it work awesomely so that their work and home life both benefit.
- You’re an incredible communicator: you’re friendly and relaxed, and take pride in everything you produce . You fuss over details, and lazy grammar and typos bug you. You have a friendly, confident phone manner, and the idea of jumping on the phone to talk to people from around the world excites you.
- You understand people and business: you relate well to small business owners, and naturally empathise with the challenges they face every day.
- You understand the difference between features and benefits: you can quickly apply that thinking to help businesses see the real-world value of what Timely does, and achieve the things that are most important to them.
- You’re the most motivated person you know: you’re the Energizer bunny, getting things done, juggling and prioritising naturally where you need to. You like to think, reflect and plan, but when it’s all said and done…you’re a doer.
- You live in Melbourne and have ideally worked in a sales role for a SaaS company and used a comprehensive CRM like Salesforce.
- You live a connected digital life: technology is your thing, and you’re comfortable using any web app that gets thrown at you.
- You’re a positive, happy person who listens to others: you’re genuine and transparent in your interactions with people, and don’t need to leave your ego at the door because, well, you don’t have one.
Summary of the role:
- Being available for incoming comms from potential customers, and guiding them into a free trial.
- Providing super quick, friendly return contact via email, live chat and phone.
- Actively reaching out to a section of potential customers to book them a demo with an Account Exec.
- Qualifying, scoring and assigning leads.
- Managing our CRM (Salesforce).
- Contributing to the company blog.
- Other stuff that you decide is important and will be awesome as we develop this new role at Timely (truly – your opinion will be valued and encouraged here).
Other bits you need to know:
- This role is full time, permanent
- Melbourne based
- Salary + commission (let’s talk)
- We’ll set you up with all the shiny new equipment you’ll need
- Work from both an office and home
- Start date ASAP
- Applications close when we find Mr or Ms Right!
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply here, go!