QA / Test Analyst - Intermediate/Junior
Wellington, New Zealand
In this role you’ll be part of an established tech start-up, with a loyal base of customers and fans worldwide. Timely is an integral part of their business, and the code you craft will be widely used by thousands of appreciative users.
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 customers in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world . Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is driven by the employee experience that our people have within Timely. Our people really are our secret sauce and we live and breath our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 80+ people spread across Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne and Greater London. We hire people who make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
People join us because they want to belong to a company that walks the walk and actually puts their people first.
You’ll be responsible for developing major new features for the Timely platform, or adding improvements to existing features to make them work better. Timely is a fast-growing business, so you’ll learn about building at scale and keeping everything running 24/7.
You will be working closely with product owners, other developers, and testers in an agile environment to help craft improvements and additions to the Timely product that deliver real benefits to our customers.
A typical day might look like…
- Carrying out thorough and effective testing of work on the go in your team
- Researching, recommending and implementing best practice approaches for how we test as a technical team and work day to day
- Working closely with your team members in an agile environment to release changes iteratively and rapidly
- Bringing your own ideas and suggestions to enhance, improve and generally make our app awesome
- Going the extra mile to do things right – no quick and dirty hacks here, just good solid code!
Does this sound like you?
- Experience with web application testing covering areas like UX, cross browser support and regression
- Proven experience with writing and maintaining an effective automated test suite and the ability to demonstrate examples of this
- When necessary the ability to apply effective manual testing methods including functional interface testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing and compatibility testing (among others)
- A good working knowledge of test tools for bug logging, test automation, compatibility testing, source code systems (we use Git) and release management (we use Azure DevOps)
- A knack for writing effective test documentation including bug reports and reproduction steps
- An insatiable desire to hammer the product and find bugs before our customers do!
What you need to know:
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- Ideally based in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
- You’ll work from home but have access to office space when you need to collaborate or need a change of scene. We provide all the shiny new equipment you’ll need, including a high-end PC for development.
- Start date ASAP
- You must be legally entitled to work in NZ
- Applications close when we find the right person!