Product Owner: Native Mobile Apps
Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 users in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world . Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is driven by the employee experience that our people have within Timely. We live and breathe our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 80+ people spread across Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne and Greater London. We hire people who make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
We’re looking for a Product Owner who has solid experience with native mobile applications. This person must have with a proven track record of discovering and launching successful products in the world of native mobile applications with an emphasis on iOS as well as experience in Android to help us shape the future of beauty and wellness software. Come join us and be part of one of NZ’s most exciting tech growth companies!
We are seeking an Innovator. Someone who is passionate about how native mobile applications can change the lives of people for the better. Someone who is capable of identifying market opportunities and creating new worlds and experiences for our customers.
You are someone who strives to deeply understand the needs and experiences of our customers, and how the projects and features you are responsible for will solve the problems in their businesses. You pride yourself in your first class communication skills – from collaborating with colleagues from your agile team right through to product marketing and our customer facing teams. You’ll have impressive organisational skills, a history of successful products built using agile methodologies, and a laser focus on executing on our roadmap. You will also have very strong analytical skills where you will able to effectively break down a range of problems and opportunities and formulate them into business rules that can be executed by an Agile team.
A typical day might look like:
- Prioritising and maintaining your team’s backlog with a clear view of how each item helps achieve the goals set out in the company strategy and what benefits it provides to our customers
- Facilitating the requirements gathering process and leading the creation of user stories and business rules within your cross-functional teams
- Conducting customer and competitor research to validate and improve the product choices you and your team make
- Developing a deep understanding of our target customers, the industries they operate in, and the problems they face
- Being responsible for defining, monitoring, and communicating the goals for each project/feature
- Collaborating closely with Product Marketing to ensure your product releases are successful and to identify opportunities to drive up existing feature usage
- Working closely with Support and Sales to better understand the impact of new features/product releases, and also how the items on your backlog could contribute to the success of those teams
- You have a background or experience as a business analyst
- You know how to project manage and think cross functionally
- You can think and communicate at both a strategic high level and in a detail-oriented way
- You have strong empathy for our customers – you will be able to deeply understand our users, their environment, the issues they face, and how Timely can help them be more successful
- You’ve got a solid few years experience using Agile methodologies to deliver software in a comparable product role
- You love digging into fresh opportunities and unpacking them into a set of business rules
- You have experience driving product decisions with mobile Apps
- Your communication skills are on point and you pride yourself keeping stakeholders constantly in the loop
- Building strong relationships is second-nature to you, you will be the glue that brings multiple teams together to ensure great outcomes
- This is a permanent, full time position.
- You’ll work from home and/or in our offices in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin – as you see fit.
- We provide all the shiny new equipment you’ll need, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully-funded professional development plan which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- You must be legally entitled to work in NZ
- Applications close when we find the right person
People join us because they want to belong to a company that walks the walk and actually puts their people first. Sound good to you? Don’t wait any longer…click ‘Apply’ and we can chat!