Product Marketing Specialist
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 users in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world. Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is driven by the employee experience that our people have within Timely. We live and breath our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 80+ people spread across Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne and Greater London. We hire people who make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
What you’ll do
Our customers are our sun and we have developed a product that enables them to stay focused on doing what they love. As our new Product Marketing Specialist you’ll be responsible for developing and delivering the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing. That means you’re a natural influencer internally and externally, you’re a storyteller and you’re capable of delivering on the strategies we’re developing.
You’ll have had previous experience crafting the messaging and positioning frameworks for new products. You have a real empathy and desire to understand both prospective buyers and current users to ensure we keep building products that our customers can’t live without.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future, how they position and price. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with our target market and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will work tightly with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and an eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our customers problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with the product team on roadmap planning and with customer success on driving product adoption. It’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to step back, when to push back and when to dive in.
Two key areas of focus will be, developing and delivering adoption campaigns to ensure that our customer base is getting the most out of Timely and taking a range of new products to market, with one exciting payments product being a key focus.
Additionally, you will:
- Be an expert on our customers and prospective customers, who they are, what their needs and pain points are and how they use our product
- Understand the competitive landscape and how competitors are positioned
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our offering to the market and resonates with our sweet spot target customers and work with marketing on how we effectively deliver our message
- Plan new products launches, manage the cross-functional implementation, measure the success and understand how to drive behavioural change to meet adoption targets in partnership with the product and marketing teams
- Develop and deliver adoption campaigns with a focus on generating revenue through upsell initiatives
- Assess the effectiveness of the product marketing assets and tactics on an ongoing basis, and provide direction and reporting on required change
- Understand and support our sales and success teams; train them on our positioning and the problems we solve for our customers; develop internal tools and external collateral to support them
- 3+ years of product management and/or marketing experience preferably in a SaaS environment
- Comprehensive understanding of SaaS metrics and growth levers
- Demonstrated track record of success launching new products to market and driving adoption
- Proven strong communicator with a leaning towards over communicating than under communicating with internal audiences
- Outstanding written skills and public speaking capability with a focus on polish and attention to detail
- Experience managing cross-functional projects, working with external commercial partners, managing people directly and indirectly, and delivering to deadlines
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Autopilot, WordPress, App Store, Salesforce, PowerBI, Slack and Google Suite would be beneficial
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, ability to prove what is – or isn’t – working
- Familiarity with the Jobs To Be Done product marketing framework would be a huge bonus
- The option to work from home – but you’ll need to live in or around Wellington, Dunedin or Auckland, since that’s where most of our team are based (and where we have offices as well).
- We’ll set you up with all the equipment you need for your home office
- We provide a kick-ass development machine, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully funded professional development plan which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now !