Wellington, Auckland, Dunedin
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 users in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world. Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is driven by the employee experience that our people have within Timely. We live and breath our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 80+ people spread across Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne and Greater London. We hire people who make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
What you’ll do
Timely’s product designers take complex industry needs and simplify them with elegant designs and interactions. We’re looking for an intermediate – senior level product designer with a love for designing beautiful and engaging experiences to continue taking our appointment booking software to the next level.
We need someone with deep empathy for our customers and a desire to help them be successful. You’ll have impressive design skills, excellent taste, and always be on the lookout for how we can better serve and delight our users.
You will be working closely with product owners, developers, and testers in an agile environment to help craft improvements and additions to the Timely product that delivers real benefits to our customers and their clients.
Timely is a fully remote and well distributed team, with staff spread across New Zealand, Australia, and the UK. We hire people that don’t just make this work, but who make it work awesomely, so that their work and home life both benefit.
- Design compelling user experiences end-to-end for the Timely products
- Collaborate with product owners to understand and define the specific user problems/needs
- Talk to and visit our customers to better understand their experiences and the environments in which your designs will be used
- Create prototypes to test assumptions and quickly demonstrate your ideas
- Craft beautiful interfaces in collaboration with our developers, always striving for that sweet spot of beautifully designed, easy to use, and feasible to implement
- Promote and encourage user testing of in-progress work
- Advocate for the best outcome for our users
- Give and receive feedback from design colleagues and other product team members
- Collaborate with other product designers to ensure a consistent experience is delivered across the Timely products
- Has experience designing for SaaS products across mobile and web including payment flows
- Can solve complex problems with elegant design flows and interactions
- Able to produce low-fidelity prototypes to start conversations
- Expertise in a visual design tool – Sketch or equivalent
- Self-motivated and pragmatic – you love working in a fast-paced environment and understand how to balance competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills – you will be able to clearly present your ideas and rationale from a remote work setting
- Empathy for our customers – you will be able to deeply understand our users, their environment, the issues they face, and how Timely can help them be more successful
What you need to know
- This is a permanent, full time position
- Ideally based in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
- You’ll work from home but have access to office space when you need to collaborate or need a change of scene
- We provide all the shiny new equipment you’ll need, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully-funded professional development plan which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc
- Start date ASAP
- You must be legally entitled to work in NZ
- Applications close when we find the right person!
So you’ve read this far and you want to join the team. You’ve probably already looked at our website, Facebook and Instagram accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now.