Wellington, Auckland or Dunedin
Timely has come a long way since its inception in 2011. We’ve grown to a community of over 46,000 beauty professionals across 90 countries that use our cloud-based business management software.2020 was a pivotal year in the history of Timely. We faced the biggest challenge we had since starting the business; with 80 staff at the start of the pandemic and 12k customers who could all cancel their accounts.
But in the face of this big challenge, we made one of the most important decisions we have in our history: Our number one priority was no one on the Timely team would lose their job and instead of thinking about how hard it was going to be for us, we put all our energy into how hard it will be for our customers and helping them to survive.
And it was noticed by our community “What you’ve done for the beauty industry during this critical period highlights how good Timely is. We’re really appreciative.It’s not just a software company it’s a community. This will catapult Timely.” ~ Haylee Benton, UK
So it’s been a rollercoaster, and we’re just getting started with a purpose to grow beauty to a 1 trillion dollar industry and increase the wealth of all its participants.
If the prospect of joining a company with this purpose, culture and response to adversity gets you fizzing, read on.
So how do we go about achieving these goals?
What you’ll do
The core purpose of the product designer is to make it as easy as possible for our community to manage their businesses successfully. The product designer ensures that the Timely product solves the right problems for our community and is not only easy to use, but a delight to use. This role will help Timely achieve its goals by:
- Helping our community be more successful by designing solutions that add value to their businesses.
- Helping our community make the most of their time, and aspiring to improve experiences between our community and their clients.
As the sole product designer in your agile team, you’ll be a strong generalist product designer – confidently able to take a project all the way from discovery to delivery. You’ll be the advocate for our community and take ownership of the user experience in your projects.
This role will involve
- User research – identifying and understanding problems that our community face, talking to customer and community teams, talking to the community, looking at competitor systems.
- Ideation – co-designing with your agile teams or other product designers, creating fast prototypes for testing.
- Recognising when a larger discovery phase is needed i.e running a design sprint.
- Organising and facilitating design activities
- Transparency of designs in progress for feedback with stakeholders and team members
- Working with Product Owner and Tech to ensure final solution is viable, feasible and usable.
- Identifying suitable methods to use for validating concepts such as user testing, tree testing, surveys etc.
- Always thinking about the impacts of new designs on the overall product experience
High fidelity designs
- Producing high fidelity designs following our design system
- Ensuring all product copy is inline with Timely’s brand and personality
- Once designs are in development – continuing to support the developers as needed, providing guidance or supplementary designs as required
Supporting our Product Design team
- Design feedback – while the designers work on their own agile teams, you have the support of the other product designers
- Design reviews – regularly reviewing designs for one another
- Contributing to our design system – working as a team to have consistency across our product
- Furthering our product design vision
- Must have experience designing for SaaS products across mobile and web
- Experience working in an agile environment – you will be the sole product designer on your agile team and projects
- Can solve complex problems with elegant design flows and interactions
- Able to produce low-fidelity prototypes to start conversations
- Expertise in a visual design tool – Sketch or equivalent
- Self-motivated and pragmatic – you love working in a fast-paced environment and understand how to balance competing priorities
- Able to write clear and concise UX copy
- Excellent communication skills – you will be able to clearly present your ideas and rationale from a remote work setting
- Empathy for our community – you will be able to deeply understand our community, their environment, the issues they face, and how Timely can help them be more successful
- Work from home, or the office, or both! It’s up to you.
- Base yourself from any of our New Zealand locations: Auckland, Wellington, Dunedin
- We’ll provide you with all the kit you need for a great home office
- We provide a wonderful wellness and professional development benefit for our staff with annual budgets to help you master your wellbeing and growth
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now!