People Experience Manager
Wellington, Auckland, Dunedin
Timely is a fast growing SaaS business with big ambitions. Our people are our secret sauce and we’re very proud of our employee experience. We have a highly engaged team who are very passionate about what we do. The People Experience Manager’s role is to help Timely scale its employee experience as the business continues to grow and evolve – things may change but it’s important our essence remains consistent.
2018 was a huge year for us – we started the year with 40 awesome people and ended with almost 80 at our end of year celebrations! We laid some serious foundations for scaling our employee experience – we started measuring employee engagement and inclusion, launched company-wide professional development initiatives, and put in place guidelines around things like remuneration, one on ones, and regular feedback. We need someone to come in and help us continue to scale and execute on the plans we have in place!
You’ll have a wide remit ..
- Employment relations – you are the go-to person for all Managers across the business on employment relations matters
- Employer branding, recruitment and strategic sourcing
- Learning & Development – you’ll be supporting our L&D Strategy that allows for every employee to further develop their skills and career
- Remuneration – you’ll be working with the GM and CFO on Timely’s remuneration review process
- Measuring Engagement – check-in on the use of 15Five across the business and regularly measure engagement through CultureAmp. This includes setting up and running the survey, communicating results and trends to the executive team, helping Managers understand and share their results, then formulating and executing the response plan post-survey.
- Team performance – you’ll work with Managers at significant employee milestones to ensure that check ins and reviews are completed (90 day reviews, annual reviews)
- Leadership development – you’ll provide coordination support to Timely’s leadership development programme and coaching to employees as needed
- Inclusion – you’ll regularly measure inclusion through CutureAmp. This includes setting up and running the survey, communicating results and trends to the executive team, helping Managers understand and share their results, then formulating and executing the response plan post-survey.
- Executing on diversity and inclusion initiatives – e.g. subconscious bias training for Managers, making sure all our job ads are run through gender decoders before going live, ensuring all employees are aware of development opportunities internally.
Does this sound like you?
- You’ve spent some time in a generalist HR role in an innovation-focussed business – either at HR Manager or Senior HR Advisor level.
- You have a very solid understanding of NZ and ideally also Australian employment legislation.
- You will be the go-to people person for our team – you will have had experience managing recruitment, measuring and advising on people metrics and trends (e.g. engagement and inclusion), managing employment relations issues, supporting and iterating our organisational dev strategy, and working on our remuneration strategy.
- You feel confident working across the employee lifecycle – from writing job ads all the way to conducting effective exit interviews.
- You’re comfortable working in a digital office – Slack, video calls, Google Docs, the list goes on!
- You’re self-motivated and autonomous – there’s always heaps to do and competing priorities. We work at a fast pace and are looking for someone who’s confident with that.
- You’re a team player – we’re a small team at Timely and we all need to pitch in and get involved where we’re needed.
- You’re comfortable bringing your whole self to work – we want people to be themselves!
- You’re a competent writer and add your own flavour to any of your written work – internal guidelines, presentations and all company comms.
- You’re comfortable (and like!) facilitating team meetings and presenting ideas and initiatives to the company.
Other things you need to know:
- This role is full-time and permanent
- We’re looking for someone to be based in Wellington ideally, but are open to Auckland or Dunedin too.
- You will work from home but will have access to office space when you need to collab or need a change of scene
- We’ll set you up with all the shiny new equipment you’ll need for your home office
- You must be legally entitled to work in NZ
- Start date ASAP
- Applications close when we find the right person!