Outbound Sales Development Representative
Timely has come a long way since its inception in 2011. We’ve grown an online community of over 46,000 beauty professionals across 90 countries that use our cloud-based business management software to book over 30 million appointments a year.
Our customers are our sun, and our mission is to help the global hair & beauty industry become a 1 trillion dollar industry. We plan to do that by building a total salon management solution that enables our customers to thrive.
2020 was a big year for us as we faced the uncertainty of losing our 12k customer base at the start of the pandemic. But we’ve come out the other side better than ever by ensuring that no one on the Timely team would lose their job and focusing on helping our customers survive. You can hear a little more about 2020 journey from Paul Shingles, our COO, here.
We’ve got our sights on some huge goals over the next few years. How are we going to get there? He tangata, Our people.
So, what can you expect from us?
We lead with Inclusion and use our values to inform our decisions. Mary Haddock-Staniland joined us in December 2020 as our Chief People Inclusion Officer. The first role of this nature in the executive level of any New Zealand organisation, Mary’s goal is to progress the business case for workplace inclusion, ensuring people have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We bring our whole selves to work and celebrate the things that make us unique. We view work and life as complimentary, rather than competing priorities and #timelylife allows us to see the benefits of working from home and the flexibility it provides.
Our team of 100+ enjoy wellness and professional development benefits as well as a high spec home office set up. To us, people experience means creating the best possible environment for you to be your best self.
What you’ll do
Being on the frontline of our Sales Development Team, you’ll be responsible for creating that all-important human impression that kick-starts our sales process.
We have thousands of hair, beauty and wellness businesses across the world using Timely. As a company, we don’t just build software for this industry, we live in it. Our customers are also our peers, and we want to help them do their best possible work however we can.
Your job will be to find, connect with, and nurture all the Australian and New Zealand businesses in this space who don’t yet know about us.
Before we start getting into detail with them, we need to connect with each business owner, introduce who we are, and get them excited about how we’re helping their industry and the potential of what Timely can do for them.
As the person initiating the first point of contact, you’ll be tasked with finding and connecting with new Timely leads via phone, email, SMS, social media, live website chat, and sometimes even face to face. You’ll understand – and care about – what they’re trying to do, and will quickly and naturally build rapport with these busy business owners in the hair, beauty and wellness space. If someone emails asking for a call you will absolutely delight them, because they’ll barely have their hands off the keyboard before their phone rings.
You’ll be an integral part of our team – not just the sales crew, but the whole company. You’ll develop great insight into what our potential customers might be struggling with, and will become a fountain of knowledge for our product team. You’ll make sure the right people go on to use Timely, never jamming square pegs into round holes – and our success team will high five you for it.
- You’re an incredible communicator: you’re friendly and relaxed, and take pride in everything you produce.
- You have a friendly, confident phone manner, and the idea of jumping on the phone to talk to people from the hair, beauty and wellness industries excites you.
- You’re social media (especially Instagram and Facebook) savvy, and are comfortable spending time there connecting with people and businesses.
- You are creative in finding new leads to talk too, and effortlessly generate interest in what you have to say.
- You understand people and business: you relate well to small business owners, and naturally empathise with the challenges they face every day.
- You understand the difference between features, benefits, and tangible business value: you can quickly apply that thinking to help businesses get excited about the real-world value of what Timely can do for them, and achieve the things that are most important to their business.
- You’re the most motivated person you know: you’re the Energizer bunny, getting things done, juggling and prioritising naturally where you need to. You like to think, reflect and plan, but when it’s all said and done…you’re a doer.
- You live in Melbourne and have ideally worked in a sales role for a SaaS company and used a comprehensive CRM like Salesforce.
- You live a pretty connected digital life: you’re comfortable using any web app that gets thrown at you.
- You’re a positive, happy person who listens to others: you’re genuine and transparent in your interactions with people, and don’t need to leave your ego at the door because, well, you don’t have one
- Bonus points: you have worked in, or have a passion for, the hair, beauty and wellness industry.
- We’ll provide you with a great professional development budget to fuel your growth
- Our annual wellness allowance helps to fund things that support your wellbeing
- This role is full time, permanent
- Salary + commission (let’s talk)
- We’ll set up up with all the shiny new equipment you’ll need
- Work between our office and your home
- Start date ASAP
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Instagram accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply Now!