.NET Platform Engineer
Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
Timely has come a long way since its inception in 2011. We’ve grown an online community of over 46,000 beauty professionals across 90 countries that use our cloud-based business management software to book over 30 million appointments a year.
Our customers are our sun, and our mission is to help the global hair & beauty industry become a 1 trillion dollar industry. We plan to do that by building a total salon management solution that enables our customers to thrive.
2020 was a big year for us as we faced the uncertainty of losing our 12k customer base at the start of the pandemic. But we’ve come out the other side better than ever by ensuring that no one on the Timely team would lose their job and focusing on helping our customers survive. You can hear a little more about 2020 journey from Paul Shingles, our COO, here.
We’ve got our sights on some huge goals over the next few years. How are we going to get there? He tangata, Our people.
So, what can you expect from us?
We lead with Inclusion and use our values to inform our decisions. Mary Haddock-Staniland joined us in December 2020 as our Chief People Inclusion Officer. The first role of this nature in the executive level of any New Zealand organisation, Mary’s goal is to progress the business case for workplace inclusion, ensuring people have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We bring our whole selves to work and celebrate the things that make us unique. We view work and life as complimentary, rather than competing priorities and #timelylife allows us to see the benefits of working from home and the flexibility it provides.
Our team of 100+ enjoy wellness and professional development benefits as well as a high spec home office set up. To us, people experience means creating the best possible environment for you to be your best self.
About the role
In this role you’ll be part of an established tech start-up, with a loyal base of customers and fans worldwide. Timely is an integral part of their business, and the code you craft will be widely used by thousands of appreciative users.
As a part of the Platform team you’ll be responsible for developing major new systems & features in support of the Timely product development teams, and the Timely cloud platform itself. Timely is a fast-growing business, so you’ll learn about building at scale and keeping everything running 24/7.
You will be working closely with product owners, other developers, and testers in an agile environment to help craft improvements to the way we work to deliver our product to customers around the globe.
A typical day might look like…
- Writing clean and healthy code across the full stack from SQL to .Net through to the front end layer.
- Modernising or optimising existing interactions in the existing code base to seek performance wins and help us scale the platform.
- Researching, recommending and implementing best practice approaches for how we code and work.Promoting a DevOps philosophy within the product development teams, and supporting this by building tooling & processes such as logging, monitoring and alerting, etc.Working closely with our Security, Cloud and Data teams on anything from a Terraform deployment via our Azure Devops pipelines, through to investigating findings from a penetration test.
- Bringing your own ideas and suggestions to enhance, improve and generally make our environment awesome
- Going the extra mile to do things right – no quick and dirty hacks here, just good solid code!
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC, Visual Studio, SQL Server, ORMs
- Familiarity with cloud environments (we run fully in Azure), infrastructure, and DevOps/SRE practices.
- Tertiary qualified with a degree in Computer Science (or something similar) and a few years of solid experience – we’re expecting you to get up to speed quickly
- Self-motivation and pragmatism – you love working in a fast-paced environment and understand how to balance competing priorities and understand the benefits of delivering value to end users in an iterative manner
- Excellent communication skills – you will be able to clearly present your ideas and rationale from a remote work setting
- Work from home – but ideally you’ll live in or around Wellington, Dunedin or Auckland, since that’s where most of our team is based.
- We provide a kick-ass development machine, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully funded professional development budget which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- Ideally based in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
- Start date ASAP
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now