Mobile Product Designer
Want to push spa and salon software forward and help shape the mobile offering of one of New Zealand’s most exciting tech startups? Timely is looking for an experienced product designer with a track record of designing beautiful and engaging mobile experiences to help take us to the next level.
We need someone with deep empathy for our customers and a desire to help them be successful. You’ll have impressive design skills, excellent taste, and always be on the lookout for how we can better serve and delight our users.
You will be working closely with product owners, developers, and testers in an agile environment to help craft improvements and additions to the Timely product that deliver real benefits to our customers.
Timely is a fully remote and well distributed team, with staff spread across New Zealand, Australia, and the UK. We hire people that don’t just make this work, but who make it work awesomely, so that their work and home life both benefit. We value outputs, not desk time!
What you’ll need
- A love for creating elegant design solutions to translate complex requirements into intuitive workflows
- Multiple years of experience designing UI and UX for mobile devices, iOS experience is a must — for both iPhone and iPad devices, you’ll know the HIG intimately and love debating the merits of custom interface elements
- Expertise in a visual design tool – Sketch, Illustrator, Affinity, or equivalent
- Experience with using prototyping tools like Atomic or Invision (or your own code!) to quickly test your assumptions and start conversations
- Empathy for our customers, you will be able to deeply understand our users, their environment, the issues they face, and how Timely can help them be more successful
What you’ll do
Your main responsibility will be to research, prototype and design compelling user experiences for the Timely iOS and Android products. This will require working closely with the product and development teams to build, iterate, and release improvements to our mobile offerings.
This will involve:
- Collaborating with product owners to understand and define the specific user problems/needs and the associated design challenges of the work your team is tackling
- Talking to and visiting our customers to better understand their experiences and the environments in which your designs will be used
- Creating prototypes to test assumptions and quickly demonstrate your ideas
- Crafting beautiful interfaces in collaboration with our developers, always striving for that sweet spot of beautifully designed, HIG compliant, and hopefully straightforward to implement
- Promoting and encouraging user testing of in-progress work
- Always pushing for the best outcome for our users, being willing to put in the extra effort upfront to ensure the best result
What you need to know:
- This is a permanent, full time position.
- You’ll work from home – ideally Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin.
- We provide all the shiny new equipment you’ll need, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully-funded professional development plan which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Start date ASAP
- You must be legally entitled to work in NZ
- Applications close when we find Ms or Mr Right!
So you’ve read this far and you want to join the team. You’ve probably already looked at our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply here, go on!