Management & Financial Planning Accountant
Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 users in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world. Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is the outcome of the experience that our people have within Timely. We live and breathe our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We welcome and include people from all backgrounds and strive to make everyone feel like they belong at Timely.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 90+ people spread across Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne and Greater London. Our people make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a fair remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an accountant to look after our financial planning and reporting and really get to the heart of our business performance.
In this role you will have a number of focus areas, including: producing monthly management accounts, preparing monthly reporting to the Board of Directors, owning our business metrics and using them to drive business performance, annual budgeting, re-forecasting, preparing annual financial statements and modelling business opportunities.
Who you are
We’re searching for someone who has an eye for detail and loves rolling up their sleeves and getting in amongst the detail. You’ll be a confident communicator, working with all parts of the business to understand performance and help us plan for the future.
- 3+ years experience either in a Chartered Accounting firm, or in a management accounting or financial planning & analysis role in a commercial business
- High attention to detail with a proven ability to get to the core drivers of results and use that insight to further drive performance
- Excel power-user
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting or Finance
- Prior experience in a SaaS business is preferable but not essential
- Chartered Accountant qualification would be useful but is not essential
- This is a permanent, full time position.
- You’ll be based in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin where you can work from home or from our offices – as you see fit.
- We provide all the shiny new equipment you’ll need, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully-funded professional development plan which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- You must be legally entitled to work in NZ
- Applications close when we find the right person
People join us because they want to belong to a company that walks the walk and actually puts their people first. Sound good to you? Don’t wait any longer…click ‘Apply’ and we can chat!
There’s a lot of experienced accountants out there, so when submitting your application, please provide a tailored cover letter to explain why you’re the perfect candidate for our needs