Wellington, Auckland, Dunedin, New Zealand
In this role you’ll be part of a growing tech company, with a loyal base of customers and fans worldwide. Timely is an integral part of their business, and the platform you support (and help build!) will be widely used by thousands of appreciative users.
A typical day might look like:
- You’ll be looking after all of our IT infrastructure, basically!
- In other words, you’ll be maintaining our existing Microsoft Azure environment, monitoring production and non-production environments, and deploying new solutions across all layers (from network to application).
- Making sure we’re prepared for any bad stuff; from setting up alerts in New Relic, and checking VM backups, all the way through to writing & implementing disaster recovery and business continuity procedures.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, excited about working in the SaaS space, and always working to improve their skill set.
We are a remote team of almost 80 who all work from home, and are based in Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne, and the UK. Remote working is not for everybody and we hire people that don’t just make this work, but who make it work totally awesomely, so that both their work and their home lives benefit. We value outcomes, not desk time, and this is reflected in our unique #timelylife culture.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who’s got a few battle scars, earned from around 2 to 4 years experience in a comparable role (in other words, somewhere you looked after business critical systems, worked closely with teams of developers/engineers, and had to show initiative to solve tricky problems without much hand-holding).
- Knowledge of Azure, AWS, or other cloud platforms would give you a huge jump-start – since we’re almost exclusively running on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- You’re familiar with Bash, Python, or Powershell, and have worked in Agile teams before to deliver solutions to the business. You at least know what CI/CD pipelines are, and checking your changes into Git is second nature to you.
- Experience setting up networks, DNS, SSL certificates, virtual servers, and email systems in general, would be great.
- You’re open to potentially joining our after-hours on-call roster once sufficiently experienced in the role.
- Going the extra mile to do things right – no quick and dirty hacks here, just good solid processes & code (with a side of pragmatism thrown in for good measure).
- Somebody who will bring their own ideas and suggestions to enhance, improve and generally make our IT systems awesome! You feel confident enough to give (and substantiate) your opinion when necessary, to anyone in the company.
What you need to know:
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- You’ll work from home in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin.
- We provide all the shiny new equipment you’ll need, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully-funded professional development plan which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Start date ASAP
- You must be legally entitled to work in NZ
- Applications close when we find Mr or Ms Right!
So you’ve read this far and you want to join the team. You’ve probably already looked at our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply here.