Inbound Sales Development Representative (Parental leave cover)
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 users in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world. Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is driven by the employee experience that our people have within Timely. We live and breathe our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 90+ people spread across Greater London, Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland and Melbourne. We hire people who make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
We honestly believe that Timely is the best solution in the market for beauty and wellness customers, and we want to be able to show our customers that. That’s where this role comes in…
What you’ll do
We are searching for an experienced Inbound Sales professional who can help us fill a 12 month maternity leave cover. Ideally, this contract would roll from early November 2020 to mid November 2021.
As the initial port of call for anyone looking at Timely you’ll create that all-important first impression and kick-start the sales process.
Our customers get a free trial for 14 days, and we have people downloading our amazing industry content every day. Every month there are thousands of people showing an interest in using Timely in their business. Before our customers are passed on to our team of Account Execs we need to first connect with them, make sure Timely will be a good fit for them, and get them excited about the potential of what our platform can do for their business.
As the first point of contact you’ll be available on phone, email and our website chat to talk to anyone enquiring about Timely. You’ll understand – and care about – what they’re trying to do, and will quickly and naturally build rapport with these busy business owners in the beauty and wellness space. If someone emails asking for a call you will absolutely delight them, because they’ll barely have their hands off the keyboard before their phone rings.
You’ll also be highly dedicated to following up anyone who has shown interest in Timely (through things like starting a trial, signing up to receive some of our industry content, or downloading one of our apps) but *doesn’t* reach out to us. These businesses have expressed an interest in some aspect of Timely, and it’s up to you to get them engaged and moving forward with us.
In this position you will be responsible for delivering on the following key accountabilities:
- Being available for incoming comms from potential customers, and qualifying their fit for Timely while making sure they’re excited about what we can do for their business.
- Providing super quick, friendly return contact via email, live chat and phone.
- Actively reaching out to the quieter potential customers to qualify and engage them.
- And, sitting underneath these things, always be striving to commit some of their time to an online demo with one of our Account Execs.
- Qualifying, scoring and assigning leads.
- Managing our CRM (Salesforce).
- Contributing to the company blog.
- Other stuff that you decide is important and will be awesome (truly – your opinion will be valued and encouraged here).
You’ll be an integral part of our team – not just the sales crew, but the whole company. Our marketing team work hard to bring the right people to our website, and they’ll rely on you to pass the baton from there to our inside sales team. You’ll develop great insight into what our potential customers might be struggling with, and will become a fountain of knowledge for our product team. You’ll make sure the right people go on to use Timely, never jamming square pegs into round holes – and our support team will high five you for it.
We’re a distributed team across the UK, New Zealand and Australia.
Our normal ways of working involve regular face to face meet ups at our shared work space in London. We are, of course, abiding my UK regulations around face time and meet ups and would like to acknowledge that a fair share of your time will be spent connecting with the team virtually.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Self assurance & resilience: You learn quickly when facing new problems; you’re open to change; you analyse both success and failure for clues to improvement; you experiment and will try anything to find better solutions; you enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; you quickly grasp the essence and goal of a plan that’s been made. You bounce back quickly after setbacks.
- Rapport building: You can build trust quickly with customers over the phone – your phone manner is friendly and confident, and it’s a place you genuinely enjoy spending time.
- Great communication: You practice attentive and active listening; you have the patience to hear people out; you can accurately restate the opinions of others even when you disagree. You’re friendly and relaxed, and take pride in everything you produce . You fuss over details, and lazy grammar and typos bug you.
- Team player: You can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; you can represent your own interests and yet be fair to other groups; you can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; you are seen as a team player and are cooperative; you easily gain the trust and support of your peers; you encourage collaboration; you can be candid with peers.
Other bits you need to know:
- This role is fixed term for a 12 month period
- London or Greater London base is preferred
- We’ll set you up with all the shiny new equipment you’ll need to work from home
- Pending Covid restrictions you can work from both an office and home
- Start date early November
- Applications close when we find the right person!
- Work from home or the office (pending Covid restrictions)
- We provide a kick-ass development machine, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully funded professional development budget which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Be part of a global team
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now !