Full Stack Developer (.NET) - Intermediate
Wellington, Auckland or Dunedin, New Zealand
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 customers in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world . Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is driven by the employee experience that our people have within Timely. Our people really are our secret sauce and we live and breath our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 90+ people spread across Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne and Greater London. We hire people who make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
People join us because they want to belong to a company that walks the walk and actually puts their people first.
In this role you’ll be part of an established tech start-up, with a loyal base of customers and fans worldwide. Timely is an integral part of their business, and the code you craft will be widely used by thousands of appreciative users.
You’ll be responsible for developing major new features for the Timely platform, or adding improvements to existing features to make them work better. Timely is a fast-growing business, so you’ll learn about building at scale and keeping everything running 24/7.
You will be working closely with product owners, other developers, and testers in an agile environment to help craft improvements and additions to the Timely product that deliver real benefits to our customers.
A typical day might look like…
- Writing clean and healthy code across the full stack from SQL to .Net through to the front end layer
- Modernising existing interactions in the existing code base and seeking performance wins
- Researching, recommending and implementing best practice approaches for how we code and work
- Working closely with your team members in an agile environment to release changes iteratively and rapidly
- Bringing your own ideas and suggestions to enhance, improve and generally make our app awesome
- Going the extra mile to do things right – no quick and dirty hacks here, just good solid code!
Does this sound like you?
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC, Visual Studio, SQL Server, CSS, HTML
- Tertiary qualified with a degree in Computer Science (or something similar) and a few years of solid experience – we’re expecting you to get up to speed quickly
- Self-motivation and pragmatism – you love working in a fast-paced environment and understand how to balance competing priorities and understand the benefits of delivering value to end users in an iterative manner
- Excellent communication skills – you will be able to clearly present your ideas and rationale from a remote work setting
- In other words – an all rounder that is comfortable working anywhere in the stack
What you need to know:
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- Ideally based in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
- You’ll work from home but have access to office space when you need to collaborate or need a change of scene. We provide all the shiny new equipment you’ll need, including a high-end PC for development.
- Start date ASAP
- You must be legally entitled to work in NZ
- Applications close when we find the right person!