Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
Timely has come a long way since its inception in 2011. We’ve grown an online community of over 46,000 beauty professionals across 90 countries that use our cloud-based business management software to book over 30 million appointments a year.
Our customers are our sun, and our mission is to help the global hair & beauty industry become a 1 trillion dollar industry. We plan to do that by building a total salon management solution that enables our customers to thrive.
2020 was a big year for us as we faced the uncertainty of losing our 12k customer base at the start of the pandemic. But we’ve come out the other side better than ever by ensuring that no one on the Timely team would lose their job and focusing on helping our customers survive. You can hear a little more about 2020 journey from Paul Shingles, our COO, here.
We’ve got our sights on some huge goals over the next few years. How are we going to get there? He tangata, Our people.
So, what can you expect from us?
We lead with Inclusion and use our values to inform our decisions. Mary Haddock-Staniland joined us in December 2020 as our Chief People Inclusion Officer. The first role of this nature in the executive level of any New Zealand organisation, Mary’s goal is to progress the business case for workplace inclusion, ensuring people have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We bring our whole selves to work and celebrate the things that make us unique. We view work and life as complimentary, rather than competing priorities and #timelylife allows us to see the benefits of working from home and the flexibility it provides.
Our team of 100+ enjoy wellness and professional development benefits as well as a high spec home office set up. To us, people experience means creating the best possible environment for you to be your best self.
What you’ll do
This exciting role will work along side our Creative team to design delightful, useful, beautiful, and compelling digital experiences that provide our community with what they need to make confident decisions to invest in their businesses through the tools, support and education Timely offers.
At a snapshot, this role will involve:
Digital design: Drive and implement the UX of gettimely.com, bring our brand position and aesthetic to life, design experiences in collaboration with your peers that will help attract our audience, lead them across our website to trial, become customers and get the most out of Timely.
Design Research: Engage, research and interview the beauty community to inform the strategic direction of work you and others produce, and produce user research reports that effectively communicate the insight gained through your research.
Conversion & Analytics: Pitch and implement initiatives to improve our website traffic to trial conversion rate; Document and deliver our CRO roadmap, with support of other CRO stakeholders, and in line with our growth objectives; Proactively monitor & report on the digital performance of work you produce, through Google Analytics, Hotjar and other reporting tools
Design systems: Design, implement, document and maintain our website design system in order for us to scale effectively and efficiently.
- 3-8 years experience in design or related UX roles
- You are an competent & creative designer with a passion for all facets of digital design – research, UX, visual, interaction
- You really dig websites, and have worked on some complex ones
- You have an excellent understanding of digital design KPIs and how to track and talk to these and their insights
- You understand and can articulate the impact of information architecture in user experience
- You like words, and are comfortable writing them often
- You’re comfortable running design research initiatives
- You’re commercially-minded and understand how your discipline contributes to business outcomes
- You are an excellent communicator that loves to hustle and get shit done
- You’ve got a high standard of meme, gif and emoji game
- You thrive on being part of a team and working towards a common goal with passion and determination
- You can organise, plan and deliver programs of work with multiple stakeholders and can feed into other projects with ease
- You’re a natural influencer who is able to work independently through self-drive
- Work from home – but ideally you’ll live in or around Wellington, Dunedin or Auckland, since that’s where most of our team is based.
- We provide a kick-ass development machine, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully funded professional development budget which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- Start date ASAP
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now!