Customer & Market Analyst
Wellington, Auckland or Dunedin
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 users in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world. Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is the outcome of the experience that our people have within Timely. We live and breathe our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We welcome and include people from all backgrounds and strive to make everyone feel like they belong at Timely.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 80+ people spread across Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne and Greater London. Our people make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a fair remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Customer & Market Analyst to surface insights that support Timely’s growth strategy. You will be responsible for enabling data-driven decision making across Timely that supports revenue growth, customer retention and competitive advantage.
In this role you will have a number of focus areas, including: customer acquisition and ROI, customer success and advocacy, commercial strategy and communication and relationship management with internal stakeholders.
Within these focuses, some of the things you’ll look after include: providing robust ROI reporting on all digital marketing initiatives, tracking marketing budget efficiency identifying opportunities for growth, improving lead attribution and lead scoring models to support lead prioritisation and sales conversions, develop and optimise predictive modelling, working along side our CMO, CCO and existing analyst on revenue modelling for new product, pricing and packaging strategies and providing regular performance reporting and insights.
Who you are
We’re searching for a confident communicator who loves a challenge and who can use data to tell a compelling story to your audience. You will need to navigate the level of detail required based on whether you are needing to present high level insights to Senior leadership to a detailed breakdown of methodology, technical requirements and detail on next actions with relevant colleagues.
We’d like you to be curious and proactive, using the data available to you to investigate issues with or without a well-defined hypothesis.
You’ll be keen to get stuck into problem solving and collaborating with other team mates across a range of departments and locations, often in multiple timezones!
- 3+ years experience in an insights analyst or similar role
- A Google Certification in Analytics Tools (GA, GTM, Data Studio)
- Excel power-user
- Confident writing SQL queries
- Confident working with varied data platforms such as relational, NoSQL and big data technologies
- Data transformation or modeling experience
- Familiarity with marketing principles and SEO and SEM strategies
- Experience using PowerBI, Salesforce, Autopilot, Chargify would be an advantage
- Prior experience in a SaaS business (preferential) and understanding of SaaS metrics (ARPA, CAC, CAC Payback, MRR etc) (critical)
- A tertiary qualification specialising: maths, statistics, engineering, finance and/or social sciences.
- This is a permanent, full time position.
- You’ll work from home and/or in our offices in Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin – as you see fit.
- We provide all the shiny new equipment you’ll need, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully-funded professional development plan which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- You must be legally entitled to work in NZ
- Applications close when we find the right person