Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
Timely has come a long way since its inception in 2011. We’ve grown to a community of over 46,000 beauty professionals across 90 countries that use our cloud-based business management software.
2020 was a pivotal year in the history of Timely. We faced the biggest challenge we had since starting the business; with 80 staff at the start of the pandemic and 12k customers who could all cancel their accounts.
But in the face of this big challenge, we made one of the most important decisions we have in our history: Our number one priority was no one on the Timely team would lose their job and instead of thinking about how hard it was going to be for us, we put all our energy into how hard it will be for our customers and helping them to survive.
And it was noticed by our community “What you’ve done for the beauty industry during this critical period highlights how good Timely is. We’re really appreciative. It’s not just a software company it’s a community. This will catapult Timely.” ~ Haylee Benton, UK
So it’s been a rollercoaster, and we’re just getting started with a purpose to grow beauty to a 1 trillion dollar industry and increase the wealth of all its participants.
If the prospect of joining a company with this purpose, culture and response to adversity gets you fizzing, read on.
So how do we go about achieving these goals?
This is where you come in!
You’ll passionately serve the beauty community by owning the direction and delivery of Timely’s content, content roadmap and tone of voice.
The content you lead, direct, collaborate on and create through on-the-tools writing & editing will have the beauty community at its heart, bringing material & measurable value to them.
What you’ll do
You’ll be our go-to for the following:
Direct Timely’s tone of voice:
- Direct and refine Timely’s tone of voice to be the most relevant, engaging, thoughtful, inspired & passionate it can be across all audience touchpoints.
- You’ll also equip our team with what they need to bring our tone of voice to life in their areas of work.
Drive Timely’s content roadmap:
- Through active engagement and understanding of our beauty community, you will create and deliver a content roadmap that delivers value to our audiences across the customer journey, from discovery & awareness through to advocacy & belonging.
- You will drive and deliver SEO content programs that directly increase relevant & engaged organic traffic to our website
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to produce successful content distribution & amplification plans, and proactively report on how content is performing
Write and edit content:
- Bring the fizz! AKA Produce content that consistently brings Timely’s vibrant, fun, human and empathetic brand to life
- Collaborate with the creative team to create holistically strong and engaging creative
- Edit content from other parts of the business to ensure Timely maintains a consistent standard of communication
Manage resourcing and delivery:
- Resource content as required through freelance writers to achieve project outcomes to schedule.
- Manage freelance writer relationships and lead their work, providing clear feedback and direction as necessary
- Create and manage the content playbooks and frameworks to support our content plays
- Manage publication of blogs, monthly newsletter content & more.
- 2-6 years experience in content or creative writing roles
- You are organised and have experience creating and implementing content playbooks to run content programs efficiently
- You are an outstanding writer with creative flair, humour and warmth
- You have passion and empathy for the beauty industry and the people within it (this would be a huge advantage, but not a deal breaker)
- You have an excellent understanding of content KPIs and how to track and talk to these results and insights
- You’re commercially-minded and understand how your discipline contributes to business outcomes
- Attitude is everything; you are an excellent communicator that loves to hustle and GSD with a positive outlook
- You thrive on being part of a team and working towards a common goal; with passion and determination you aren’t satisfied until you have achieved your mission
- You can organise, plan and deliver programs of work with multiple stakeholders and can feed into other projects with ease.
- You’re a natural influencer who is able to work independently through self-drive, but you know how to communicate and work with your wider team when required to achieve buy-in and results
- Work from home, or the office, or both! It’s up to you.
- Base yourself from any of our New Zealand locations: Auckland, Wellington, Dunedin
- We’ll provide you with all the kit you need for a great home office
- We provide a wonderful wellness and professional development benefit for our staff with annual budgets to help you master your wellbeing and growth
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now!