Wellington, Auckland or Dunedin
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 users in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world. Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is driven by the employee experience that our people have within Timely. We live and breath our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 80+ people spread across Dunedin, Wellington, Auckland, Melbourne and Greater London. We hire people who make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
In this role you’ll be part of an established tech start-up, with a loyal base of customers and fans worldwide. Timely is an integral part of their business, and the platform you support (and help build!) will be widely used by thousands of appreciative users.
Timely is a fast-growing business, so you’ll learn about building at scale and keeping everything running 24/7. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, excited about working in the SaaS space, and always working to improve their skill set.
A typical day might look like:
- You’ll be kept busy looking after our cloud infrastructure, alongside the rest of the Platform team (there are currently 5 of us, covering areas such as DevOps, application performance, data and analytics, and internal systems & support).
- More specifically, you’ll be responsible for our Microsoft Azure and Cloudflare environments; monitoring production environments, building dev & test systems, and deploying new solutions across all layers (from network to application) in an Agile team environment.
- Making sure we’re prepared for any bad stuff; from setting up alerts in New Relic, and checking VM backup policies, through to writing & implementing disaster recovery and business continuity procedures.
- Automating away trivial tasks and building upon our fledgling Terraform IaC (infrastructure-as-code) rollout. We strive to implement the best elements of DevOps and SRE practices.
- Working with external providers to support our email and SMS services.
We’re looking for:
- Someone who’s got a few stories to tell; you’ve been in comparable roles for long enough that you feel confident looking after business critical systems, working closely with teams of developers/engineers, and can show initiative to solve tricky problems without much hand-holding.
- Good working knowledge of Azure, AWS, or other cloud platforms is a must.
- You’re familiar with Bash, Python, PowerShell, or equivalent, and have worked in Agile teams to deliver solutions to the business. You know what CI/CD pipelines are (in fact you probably set them up), and checking your changes into Git is second nature to you.
- Experience setting up networks, DNS, SSL certificates, virtual servers, and email systems in general, would be great.
- You’re open to potentially joining our after-hours on-call roster once sufficiently experienced in the role.
- Going the extra mile to do things right – no quick and dirty hacks here, just good secure processes & code (with a side of pragmatism thrown in for good measure).
- Somebody who will bring their own ideas and suggestions to enhance, improve and generally make our systems more awesome! You feel confident enough to give (and substantiate) your opinion when necessary, to anyone in the company.
- Work from home – but you’ll live in or around Wellington, Dunedin or Auckland, since that’s where most of our team is based.
- We provide a kick-ass development machine, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully funded professional development plan which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now as listed below.