Business Development Manager
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software servicing over 38,000 users in the hair, beauty, and wellness industries all over the world. Our beautiful, user-friendly platform allows our customers to deliver exceptional client experiences and effortlessly manage their appointments, clients, sales, staff, stock, reporting and more.
Our customers are our sun and we believe that a seamless and memorable customer experience is driven by the employee experience that our people have within Timely. We live and breath our values, including ‘Bring your whole self to work’. We celebrate the things that make us individual at Timely and believe that better decisions are made and better products are created when people can be themselves.
We’re not your average tech company. We operate in a clustered remote model with 80+ people spread across Greater London, Melbourne Australia and Auckland, Wellington and Dunedin New Zealand. We hire people who make the most of #timelylife and are able to balance their personal and professional priorities well. We truly look after our people, so at Timely you can expect a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including a wellness allowance and professional development fund.
You will be working with our outbound sales development reps who have hundreds of conversations every day with businesses looking at Timely – after quickly making sure our platform will be a good fit for what they need, they get it into the hands of a Business Development Manager to take on the deep business value conversations.
Are you ready to take on the responsibility of delivering that value, ensuring those businesses successfully start their paid subscription with Timely?
You’ll quickly and naturally build rapport with these busy business owners in the beauty and wellness space, ensuring they feel supported and listened to. You’ll have a deep understanding of Timely as a business platform, one you’ll develop quickly, and have a knack for tying that product knowledge back to all the real-world value businesses can gain from adopting it.
You’ll also be part of managing our CRM (Salesforce), helping ensure our customer records are always up to date and accurate.
You’ll be an integral part of our team – not just the sales crew, but the whole company. Our marketing team work hard to bring the right people to our website and into free trials, and they’ll rely on you to feed information back on how well we’re communicating the right value to the world. You’ll develop great insight into what our potential customers might be struggling with, and will become a fountain of knowledge for our product team. You’ll make sure the right people go on to use Timely, never jamming square pegs into round holes – and our support team will high five you for it.
Summary of the role:
- Work with inbound leads selling the value of Timely, and committing them to purchase.
- Work with customers on key product adoption pillars, ensuring their successful use of Timely.
- Work to identify outbound lead opportunities, proactively contact, and develop a relationship with to supplement the lead volume from our inbound engine.
- Assist with data capture and data curation.
- Own and hit monthly new revenue targets.
- Contributing to the company blog.
- Other stuff that you decide is important and will be awesome as we grow Timely (truly – your opinion will be valued and encouraged here).
- You’re an incredible communicator, both written and spoken. You fuss over details, and lazy grammar and typos bug you.
- You understand people and business: you relate well to small business owners, and naturally empathise with the challenges they face every day.
- You understand the difference between features and benefits: you can quickly apply that thinking to help businesses see the real-world value of what Timely does, and achieve the things that are most important to them.
- You’re a doer: there’s a lot to do, and you get stuck in relentlessly.
- You’re target-oriented, and have a healthy balance of competitiveness with and support for your teammates.
- You live in London or within a easy commute of London and have ideally worked in a sales role for a SaaS company and used a comprehensive CRM like Salesforce.
- You live a connected digital life: technology is your thing, and you’re comfortable using any web app that gets thrown at you.
- You’re a positive, happy person who listens to others: you’re genuine and transparent in your interactions with people, and don’t need to leave your ego at the door because, well, you don’t have one.
- This role is full time, permanent
- Salary + commission (let’s talk)
- Work almost fully from home
- We provide the equipment you need for your home office, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully funded professional development plan which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now!