Auckland, Wellington or Dunedin
Timely has come a long way since its inception in 2011. We’ve grown to a community of over 46,000 beauty professionals across 90 countries that use our cloud-based business management software.
2020 was a pivotal year in the history of Timely. We faced the biggest challenge we had since starting the business; with 80 staff at the start of the pandemic and 12k customers who could all cancel their accounts.
But in the face of this big challenge, we made one of the most important decisions we have in our history: Our number one priority was no one on the Timely team would lose their job and instead of thinking about how hard it was going to be for us, we put all our energy into how hard it will be for our customers and helping them to survive.
And it was noticed by our community “What you’ve done for the beauty industry during this critical period highlights how good Timely is. We’re really appreciative.It’s not just a software company it’s a community. This will catapult Timely.” ~ Haylee Benton, UK
So it’s been a rollercoaster, and we’re just getting started with a purpose to grow beauty to a 1 trillion dollar industry and increase the wealth of all its participants.
If the prospect of joining a company with this purpose, culture and response to adversity gets you fizzing, read on.
What you’ll do
The core purpose of the product analyst is to ensure Timely’s growth by researching and defining in detail the evidence behind our growth opportunities. You are a critical part of advising our high-level strategic product direction by having a deep understanding of our industry and our community needs.
This role will help Timely achieve its goals by:
- Investigating large strategic business opportunities and advising the Chief Product Officer based on outcomes generated in their business cases.
- Being responsible for gaining deep insight into what the opportunities are for our business and clearly articulating a recommendation based on their discovery work.
- Confidently pulling together knowledge from around the business and our customers in order to gain evidence to support crucial decisions for our product roadmaps.
The PA will largely be focussed on the big strategic opportunities forming a solid business case with a set of recommendations. Additionally the PA will analyse in some detail an opportunity or problem to hand and offer a set of requirements. You’ll be responsible for researching, executing and communicating strategic opportunities for Timely, working closely with your fellow team mates to optimise our customer experience.
- Seasoned experience in web businesses and specifically in SaaS businesses
- Self-motivated and pragmatic – you love working in a fast-paced environment and understand how to balance competing priorities
- You have experience organising and conducting customer interviews
- You have experience writing documentation, presenting and justifying your findings with stakeholders
- You can easily discern, based off evidence, where value can make a tangible positive impact for customers
- You are adept at working with people from all around the business
- You have experience in mind mapping, flow chart, impact mapping and story mapping tools
- You live and breathe the why behind an opportunity and are able to articulate it succinctly and with confidence to stakeholders and the wider business
- You are able to analyse qualitative and quantitative data and transform it into actionable insights and recommendations
- A passion for technology and product
- An Agile mindset with a deep understanding of Agile principles such as iterative releases and customer feedback
- The confidence to manage upwards, pushing boundaries and challenging yourself to do more, faster and better.
- High degree of organisation and ability to prioritise workload
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Work from home, or the office, or both! It’s up to you.
- Base yourself from any of our New Zealand locations: Auckland, Wellington, Dunedin
- We’ll provide you with all the kit you need for a great home office
- We provide a wonderful wellness and professional development benefit for our staff with annual budgets to help you master your wellbeing and growth
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now!