Strategic Programs Manager
Timely has come a long way since its inception in 2011. We’ve grown to a community of over 46,000 beauty professionals across 90 countries that use our cloud-based business management software.
2020 was a pivotal year in the history of Timely. We faced the biggest challenge we had since starting the business; with 80 staff at the start of the pandemic and 12k customers who could all cancel their accounts.
But in the face of this big challenge, we made one of the most important decisions we have in our history: Our number one priority was no one on the Timely team would lose their job and instead of thinking about how hard it was going to be for us, we put all our energy into how hard it will be for our customers and helping them to survive.
And it was noticed by our community “What you’ve done for the beauty industry during this critical period highlights how good Timely is. We’re really appreciative.It’s not just a software company it’s a community. This will catapult Timely.” ~ Haylee Benton, UK
So it’s been a rollercoaster, and we’re just getting started with a purpose to grow beauty to a 1 trillion dollar industry and increase the wealth of all its participants.
If the prospect of joining a company with this purpose, culture and response to adversity gets you fizzing, read on.
What you’ll do
The Strategic Programs Manager is responsible for broadening our reach in the UK and Irish beauty markets, identifying new commercial opportunities to grow our brand reach, awareness and sales opportunity pipeline.
This role is primarily looking outward to the beauty industry at people, brands and organisations whose values align with ours, and introducing them to the Timely community. If they are already connected to Timely, you will be responsible for nurturing and growing the mutual value of the connection and the warm fuzzies they feel for our brand.
This isn’t just about the warm fuzzies though. This is a critically important commercial role for Timely. We need someone savvy who understands how to identify opportunities and turn them into commercially beneficial agreements that deliver high impact, high volume growth and sustainable growth for Timely – and can run that program from idea to market-ready to an always-on program.
This means we’re looking for someone who
- Developing and nurturing relationships with key partners
- Identifying and implementing commercial agreements with partners
- Ensuring that partner relationships are managed to clear commercial and brand-aligned outcomes
- Effectively planning, delivering and running end-to-end projects with wide-ranging internal stakeholders
Beyond these baseline expectations, we are looking for someone who is:
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take full ownership and accountability to delivering the programs of work we are focused on
- Aligned to our brand values and purpose with a genuine curiosity in people and the industry we operate in
- Doesn’t mind the spotlight, presenting and being a face and voice of Timely in the Beauty Industry, and doesn’t mind sharing the spotlight interviewing high-profile personalities live on our broadcasting platform
- You are driven, energetic, professionally ambitious – a natural people-person, networker, go-getter, nothing-intimidates-you person
- You are self-motivated and competitive with a passion for getting things done, urgency and persistence
- Your understanding and experience structuring and communicating commercial opportunities is sound, with demonstrable experience in business development or commercial partnership roles
- You’re a natural influencer who knows how to communicate and work with your wider team when required to achieve buy in and results
- You’re comfortable using social media including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn for professional purposes and you love presenting to an audience
- Bonus if you have experience in marketing, communications, PR or journalism and/or presenting or hosting events is an advantage
- Passion for the beauty industry – and ideally a whole lot of experience and connections as well – would be a huge advantage
- Work from home – but ideally you’ll live in the greater London region, since that’s where most of our team is based.
- We provide a kick-ass development machine, a health & wellbeing budget as well as a fully funded professional development budget which you can use for extra training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- This is a permanent, full time role at a global company that has big plans for expansion in the near future
So you’ve read this far and you get it. You’ve probably already looked up our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, and had a read through our blog. You’re excited. So are we. Apply now as listed below.