A client tracking system will soon be mandatory for UK hair and beauty businesses
The UK government has updated the close contact service business guidelines for working safely during Covid. From the 18th of September, it will be mandatory for salons and spas to use a system to collect NHS Test and Trace data, this includes accurate staff and client details and movements, and keep this for 21 days. The good news is Timely has you covered with the best software in the business to help you keep your salon, staff, and clients safe and compliant.
What is Timely?
Timely is the world’s smartest appointment booking software, helping you to deliver an exceptional client experience, save time, build a respected brand, and protect your business and profit with the most innovative tools and features. Now more than ever you need salon appointment software to not only keep track of your clients but to also help you manage your business and support you during a stressful time, so you can focus on the most important things.
Keep track of your staff and clients in Timely
The following details can be collected and stored securely in Timely for contact tracing purposes, and this data is always available for active Timely customers.
Keep track of your staff
- The names of staff who work at the premises
- A contact phone number for each member of staff
- Rosters; the dates and times that staff are at work
Keep track of your clients
- The name of the client
- A contact phone number for each client
- Date of visit, arrival time, and departure time
- The name of the staff member/s who serviced the client
What do you need to do to be compliant with NHS Test and Trace requirements?
You need to make sure you’ve got up to date client information stored and easily accessible for anyone who comes through the door. To keep your staff safe, we recommend you ask your clients to update their contact information prior to their appointment.
Using Timely, you can automatically send every client a health screening form (we’ve got a great template you can use) which will check for any symptoms and ensure that their client record is up to date, without you having to spend hours on the phone and manually updating client details.
If you have any walk-in customers purchasing products, you’ll also need to record them as a client so that the sale can be traced. Timely’s great payment solutions can help you out with this, and then you’ve got all your sales and payments in one easy-to access place.
How to get the contact tracing data from Timely
Timely’s reporting tools allow businesses to access client information and appointment details easily at any time.
The following reports will help you keep track of your clients:
- Customer list report provides all of your client contact details, including when they were added and their last appointment date.
- Appointment schedule report shows you which clients were in the salon on particular dates.
- Customer product sales report shows you any clients who purchased products if you’ve had walk-in product sales.
- Staff reports show the dates and times your staff were working at the premises.
While we hope you won’t need to report on any Covid breaches, our award-winning support team is ready to help you if you need any assistance with contact tracing reporting.